[LPF] The Devil We Know

WindCrystal

First Post
[sblock=Full Picture (I seriously need to draw Amien again)] Amien2.png[/sblock]
"Amien. I am looking for work, and it seems this kidnapping business in some alley is right up my alley." the man states simply, his response should give attention to his already being stood up and with his arms crossed ready to set out. "I hope that this 'doing good and rescuing others' thing proves to be as rewarding as a philosopher would say it is."

He waits patiently like the others for a response from the warrior that had shown up.
[sblock=Mini-stats]HP: 28/28
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Initiative: +2

Glaive Attack: +5, Glaive Damage: 1d10+4
Heavy Flail Attack: +5, Heavy Flail Damage: 1d10+4
Sling Attack: +4, Sling Damage: 1d4+3[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I am going to show my friends that pic. Hilarious stuff.[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[Sblock=GM Notices]Since I closed my other adventure today, I will have time to continue this game for quite some time. It is urban and characters can easily come and go in between encounters.

However, I have minimum standards in posting IC. Players will write in narration form and include dialog in quotation marks. I really do not like posts that are entirely dialog with zero narration either as a general rule.

Continual posts of one sentence or less will be seen as a lack of effort or caring. I have booted people from my games for this because it is detrimental to the role-playing of others.

Please read these:
General PbP IC Posting Advice
Good Role-playing[/Sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
MaylorJacobson.jpg

Maylor Jacobson surveys the lot of you while nodding with approval. He gestures to the boy as he answers Galandra, "I think you are confused, this whelp here is named Nefti and works for Kafar."

He continues while looking at Menik, "The Crusaders of the Raven are a private organization that looks into things and helping those in need where the local authorities cannot. We operate around E'n with different lodges in cities. There are not many of us and we are looking to grow in these troubled times."

"One of our own has been kidnapped. A man named Cestis was taken just days ago from a relics auction in the Naval Shipyards, and we believe his disappearance to be related to the six dozen or so kidnappings of the last several months. Now that one of our own is missing, this has become a Crusaders' matter in earnest and something we need to get to the bottom of it."

"Unfortunately, I do not have anyone available to handle this. Particularly when the assigned crusader is now a victim."

"I think this boy can lead you to where he saw some people being taken. If you could look into this, I can offer a reward for services rendered. I have made a truce temporarily with the Artis Consortium to borrow Nefti for this on the condition that Kafar be let go afterwards."

"You going to help these people, Nefti?"

PeasantBoy.jpg

The boy looks fatalistic and nods, "Okay... I can."

MaylorJacobson.jpg

Maylor looks shrewdly at the boy and grunts, "Alright, I don't think he is leading you into a trap. Any more questions?"

WindCrystal

First Post
Satisfied that he will be payed for services rendered in finding out more about the kidnappings, Amien quickly raises his hand at the query for submitting questions. Once he is sure that he can speak without interrupting anyone, he starts doing so, "Yes. I think I understand that we will likely be seeing a lot of these Ravens you speak of in the future, and what is done with Kafar is fine with me, not knowing the man personally in any way, but I do want to ask of one minor detail that I didn't quite pick up.. Are you sure there's not going to be a trap there? Is the kid sure?" Amien's hand lowers somewhat but still hangs a bit half-way, his expression looking for surety in the matter.

[sblock=Mini-stats]HP: 28/28
AC: 15
AC Touch: 12
AC Flatfooted: 13
Initiative: +2

Glaive Attack: +5, Glaive Damage: 1d10+4
Heavy Flail Attack: +5, Heavy Flail Damage: 1d10+4
Sling Attack: +4, Sling Damage: 1d4+3[/sblock]

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Lydia_headshot_small.jpg

Lydia shrugs at the mention of a trap. "Eh, if there is a trap, I'm sure we can deal with it, I mean there's like a whole bunch of us..."

She pauses, then tilts her head. "Oh wait, or did you mean like... an ambush? Not like a bear trap? I mean I think it still kinda doesn't matter, there's..." She quickly counts the group by pointing at each of the others in the circle. "Seven of us, ambushing that many people sounds kinda crazy."

[sblock=Stats]Full Stats

HP: 12/12
AC: 16 (Touch: 14, Flat: 13)

Init: +3 (+5 in forest)

CMB: +1 / CMD: 14

Fort: +4 / Ref: +5 / Will: +1

Speed: 30 ft.

In Hand: n/a
[/sblock]

BigB

First Post
View attachment 57141

Tsaaruk looks around as if sizing up the group. With a somewhat puzzled look on his face replies "Let them try, if living your friend will be free again." Grinning he pats Amien on the shoulder "We smash and accept gifts of battle."

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra is not overly worried about a trap. Looking at the group, she's certain they will handle it well.

"I think we are settled then."
Galandra gathers her backpack and her weapons, strapping her composite longbow to her back and her falchion on her hip. "I suggest we go there as soon as possible. Who know what they might do to those citizens...."

"If everyone is ready... Nefti... we better get there fast"
she looks at the young man and motions hims to lead the way.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem ponders for a moment and says, "We don't know who is doing this, but we know we want it stopped. The best thing that could happen to us is falling into a trap. First, we will then know who is to blame for the missing people. Second, they'll be providing us with a target rich environment. Seems like a win-win for everyone involved."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
MaylorJacobson.jpg

Maylor looks askance at the boy. Nefti wilts a bit in his stature, but doesn't say anything.

"I do not think it is a trap or ambush by the Consortium, no. By the kidnappers, it could be. But, with your numbers I should think you will be fine of you be smart about it."

"Good luck to you."

PeasantBoy.jpg

Nefti has hunched shoulders and nods ascent as he leaves the older warrior's presence. Once outside, he starts walking towards the Docks District and says, "I think they went to the Inn of the Unlucky Sailor. I can take you there."

[sblock=Combat Information]
Initiative:

Updated Map:

Code:
Frederick: 09/09 HP remaining; 
Galandra:  32/32 HP remaining;
Lem:       20/20 HP remaining;
Menik:     17/17 HP remaining; 
Amien:     28/28 HP remaining; 
Lydia:     12/12 HP remaining;
Tsaaruk:   15/15 HP remaining;

Spells Cast: