[LPF] The Inheritance

jackslate45

First Post
Cracking his knuckles Tyrion shakes his head to the prompt for more questions. He strides over to where Petru places the key, and grabs it. "I'll hold this fer now." pocketing the key inside his backpack.

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto ponders for a moment before adding, "I would truly hate the city guard calling us thieves, or worse, treating us as such. So, would you be so kind as to draw up papers that state we are employed by you, the rightful heir to the last owner of the house there, and we are transporting your possessions per your request? Getting out of a city is usually harder than getting in."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I think we would do best to avoid the city guards on the way out entirely if possible. They would likely insist on a certain percentage of the treasures collected, with or without a note from our employer, and I think I can safely say that is not in the best interests of either our employer or ourselves."

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Rumor is the walls are there to keep something in." Petru muses a moment before he continues his answer to Damaris' question. "In the aftermath of the destruction of Sumbru's gate shadowy creatures with a hunger for human flesh and blood were seen stalking the streets of the city. It was widely believed those creatures were somehow coming through the destroyed gate. Those rumors surface periodically and, of course, the wall stands but I believe it to be a ruse by Sumbru's ruling priests to maintain control over the citizenry using fear."

Petru turns to Tasanto. "I will provide such a document but I must warn you against relying upon it too much. I believe the government of Sumbru will claim ownership of all within the inner district. As you have said, I do have right of inheritance but if the Sumbran government does not recognize my claim then I have no means to support it." Petru looks pensive as he continues. "If the legal ambiguity is something you cannot abide I will release you from your given word to take on this job."

• Petru Angroza •

soulnova

Explorer
"Of course, the rumors are always like that" Damaris nods at Petru's explanation. She looks a little concerned but not much. "I'm sure we could handle it"

"I have no problem with the document. We will make the best of it. Most likely we won't be needed if all goes well"

Satin Knights

First Post
"The document has an uncommon purpose, a test. If it is needed and shown, and the viewer is honorable, they will stop, think and discuss before eventually letting a court decide. If they are corrupt and greedy, they will ignore it. The first I would show mercy to in the performance of my duty. The latter would not receive mercy. To be clear, my duty is to get the items in question from there to here, no matter what is in the way."

"The second purpose, having papers describing work to be done is far better than telling someone, 'An old man told me to do this.' The papers make it a business transaction.
"

Pondering for a second before continuing, "If Sumbru's government knew of the vault, they would have already claimed and seized it years ago. Our journey would be a long walk for nothing at that point. But, on the other hand, if they did not know of it, they cannot rightfully claim ownership of it. I see no ambiguity there."

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Ah! Canny, Master Tasanto." Petru nods his approval.

If there are no other things to be discussed Petru will have Karoly bring in the agreed upon 300 gold each and pay it out. While Karoly deals with the money Petru moves to the writing desk by the window and begins work on the documents that Tasanto has requested. When finished he signs it and places the Angroza seal upon it. After the ink dries he folds it and gives it over to Tasanto.

"Masters Thankirk and Tasanto have the key to the vault and documents. You each have the first of your payment. You know the meeting place for the wagons and you know to reach Cosmin Siguranta at the Blind King. Ah, the map." Petru withdraws an old map of Sumbru with the location of the Angroza family house on it from the desk and hands it over. "If there is nothing else then I wish you all luck."

Based upon the time the drovers and their wagons are to meet you you have two to three days before you need to leave during which you can do whatever preparation you might see fit to do.

[sblock=OOC]Whenever you all are ready I'll fast forward things...[/sblock]

• Petru Angroza •

soulnova

Explorer
"Alright! I'll get ready and I'll meet you at the wagons... need to do some shopping first."

With he money Damaris will go to buy some supplies to the Mystic Pearl.

[sblock] Question! would Holy Water be considered a mundane item or should I roll for it too?[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Holy Water is freely available for purchase, no roll required.

Just another bit of info for you all: Sumbru is roughly 600 miles as the crow flies from Venza (based on the rough map & estimated locations from the wiki). Walking at Cavernous Hode's pace would put you in Sumbru after 50 days of travel. Putting everyone on riding horses would cut that to 20 days. This is not a major feature of the adventure (whether you walk or ride is really irrelevant to the majority of the adventure) and I'll be handwaving 95%+ of the travel. You'll have plenty of time to get to know one another. Also, the wagons you are to meet are only a couple of days outside Sumbru.[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
[sblock]I see, good to know. Either way, that's a lot of time so I guess Damaris will have to buy a horse. :p Are you going to keep track of food during our travel? Could Cavernous Hode help us with Survival? ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads