[LPF] The Inheritance

Satin Knights

First Post
"Now that the plan is set, I have some shopping to do as well. For those that are getting horses, see Jacus at the Grand Stable on the east end of town. Tell him you are traveling with the "big cat" and he should pick out horses that are not skittish. My last trek required horses for my companions. Jacus should have three steeds that are used to being around me at least. If he needs a better reminder, the name is Tasanto Nysys."

[sblock=ooc]Even a light horse, with Tyrion's weight is going to only get 3.5 miles an hour. Nysys moves at 4 miles an hour, so he can walk there.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"Well than, I have some preparations to make. I'll see you all again in a few days." Thuvian politely departs to take care of his preparations, first stopping along Arcane Row, and then settling into his home quickly to transcribe a few more scrolls into his spellbook. He'll also take some time to find out what he can about the conflict that triggered the exodus of his employer's grandfather.

Knowledge (history) (1d20+8=15)

[sblock=ooc]Thuvian is ready to proceed.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Cavernous Hode and Mister Dickens are ever-ready for adventure. But he shall venture to this stable and procure a cart, he thinks. Until the time to depart has arrived, Cavernous Hode bids safe travels to the assembled multitude. Except the pouty nobleman, of course, since he seems disinclined to travel. Come on, Mister Dickens!"

soulnova

Explorer
"Now that the plan is set, I have some shopping to do as well. For those that are getting horses, see Jacus at the Grand Stable on the east end of town. Tell him you are traveling with the "big cat" and he should pick out horses that are not skittish. My last trek required horses for my companions. Jacus should have three steeds that are used to being around me at least. If he needs a better reminder, the name is Tasanto Nysys."

"I'll take that in count. Thank you" Damaris leaves to get a light horse. "I'll see you in a couple of days!"

[sblock] She got everything she wanted. I bought a Light horse and placed some stuff on her to avoid a medium load: Rations for the trip and a rope in a sack. Is that ok? [/sblock]

Last edited:

jackslate45

First Post
Tyrion still looks confused about the whole "big cat" thing, but for right now was not interested in questioning it.

He heads off towards the stable to go pick up the horse, and swings by the Mystic pearl to try and pick up a few things.

GlassEye

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Let's see if I address everything...

Travel: First, I neglected to take encumbrance into consideration. I did account for terrain and an average quality road. An encumbered mount with the same speed as a horse will make 21 miles in a day under these conditions, or 28.5 days for the entire journey. Your meeting with the drovers (two days outside Sumbru) is set for thirty days from now. That gives you about four to five days leeway in your travels. Obviously, going slower than the estimated time and you risk missing your arranged way into the city and you would have to go in on your own. Not a major issue really. Packing gear/supplies on your horse (or a pack horse) to avoid encumbrance is a decent idea.

Food: Yes, you'll need to track food use there and back. If you wish to avoid the encumbrance from carrying all the rations you'll need there will be settlements along the journey to resupply. There are probably other ways to reduce your need for rations but hunting and foraging reduces your overland movement by half for the day. It's up to you whether you want to mess with figuring out/calculating alternatives.

History: Feel free to review the entry on Sumbru. Essentially, the Sumbrans of 50-ish years ago were quite wealthy from using the resources of their ancient gate. The nearby kingdom of Acomay (now parceled out into other political units) grew jealous and began a war to acquire the source of that wealth. When it was evident the Sumbrans were going to lose, they lured the Acomay knights into the city center and unmade the gates causing death, destruction, and turmoil until the arrival of the priesthood of Night and their not-so-secret police, the Inquisitors.

Looks like everyone is ready to proceed so I'll try to get an update up in a day or so.[/sblock]

soulnova

Explorer
Damaris meets up with the party later, riding a palomino light horse.

Palomino.jpg

"Good! All of you made it" she winks at them. "Let's get going, those wagons are not going to wait for us forever."

During their travel, Damaris will restock her rations at every town they cross.

Damaris.jpg

[sblock=Ministats]

Damaris - Bard lvl 2
HP 14/14
Init +3
AC 16 | Touch 13 | FF 13
CMB+2 | CMD 15
Saves: F+1 | R+7 | W+3

INIT +3
Perception +4 | Sense Motive -1/7* (Ver. Per.) | Bluff 2/7* (Ver. Per.) (+1 vs Males)
Diplomacy +7 (+1 vs males)

Shortbow +4 (1d6)
Longsword +3 (1d8+3) (Two-handed)
Sling +4 (1d4+2)

Bardic Performance: 8/8 day

Cantrips: Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Ghost Sound, Jolt.
Spells: Lvl1 Grease, Sleep, 1/day.
Spell-like ability: Message 1/day.

Combat Feats: Point Blank Shot, Rapid Shot.

Consumables: Holy Water (2), Oil (3), Perfume, Firework Paper Candle (2), Vermin Repellent, Trial Rations (4), Normal Arrows (16), Acid Flask .[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto returns to the meeting place for starting the journey after getting a few supplies. "Just a second." He sets down his weapons and pack. With a bit of quiet chanting, an eerie smoke envelopes him, sticking to his body. After a bit, it solidifies. Picking up his pack and weapons, he slings them on his back and cinches them down for a long, hard travel.

The cat beast speaks. "Now I'm ready. We shouldn't have a random bandit problem." He chuckles.
[sblock=beast]
Tasanto_Nysys_medium_black3.png

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian shows up at the meeting point with a solid black mare; it's clear that while he isn't necessarily uncomfortable on the horse, it's not something he's particularly accustomed to. Watching Tasanto's transformation with interest, he chuckles at the cat beast's comment.

[sblock=ooc]Thuvian also will be restocking as they go, carrying enough to sustain himself in case of unexpected trouble in between villages.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Cavernous Hode is one of the later arrivals, but his appearance is preceded by a number of pedestrians coming to a complete halt and staring with a mixture of confusion and surprise down a side street. A few moments later, the dwarf appears, riding on the back of a reptile nearly four feet at the shoulder, with Mister Dickens perched behind him. The giant chameleon turns onto the main street with placid, reptilian patience and plods up to the meeting spot, where Cavernous Hode draws the creature to a stop. Mister Dickens hops down and chuffs irritably.

"Hello, fellow adventurers! Cavernous Hode stands ... er, sits ready!"

Chameleon-Ritratto.jpg

Remove ads