[LPF] Tower of the Black Pearl (DM: Deuce Traveler)

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Lightfeather is now quite bruised and banged up, so she's no longer so eager to take the lead. Limping along and aching, she's lagging behind the others a bit now.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Garadh approaches the archway with the pearls and he feels a tingling sensation as evidence of some sort of energy build-up inside the middle of the arch. A few drops of blood glow from one of the pirates struck by Garadh, then evaporates in a puff of crimson smoke. Suddenly some sort of magical portal appears in the center of the arch wide enough for two people to walk through. Inside Garadh can see what appears to be a cavern. Before the group can take a closer look inside the portal closes. You estimate it remained open for about five seconds.

Grayn

First Post
Thuk peers into the northeast arch without gems. Standing off to the side of the arch, he cautiously prods the slab in the same fashion as Garadh.

Perception: 1d20+0=2

[sblock=ooc]Seriously, with these perception rolls, I don't know how I am not running into walls....I may be walking around with my eyes closed.:-S[/sblock]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As Thuk approaches, one of the splotches of blood running along his arm lights up, evaporates, and the portal once again opens for five seconds revealing a cavern of some sort. It is hard to tell what is inside without a light.

Lightfeather approaches, and the same happens to her. A few drops of blood along her outreaching forearm lights up, evaporates, and the portal opens for five seconds to the chamber inside some sort of cave.

There seems to be no other exit.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
The hairs on her arms and neck stand on-end as Goti woman watches the portal open and shut. She peers up at the towering Thuk. “That is … odd? I have no better word. That cavern may be under the tower.”

She looks back at Garadh and bobs her head strangely. A Goti shrug?

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
Thuk looks back at the badly injured girl, bobbing her head. He rips a strip of cloth from his shirt and soaks up some of the pooled blood. Holding the blood-soaked rag in the direction of the pearl-eyed gate, but not approaching the slab, he turns to his companions.

"Should we try and get through that portal?", Thuk uncharacteristically asks the fighter and ranger.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lightfeather was very much on alert, perhaps because of her blood loss and heightened concern. But as they experimented with blood and the portal, she noticed a shadow flicker from one position of the dark cave to another before the portal shut off. From its armament and bedraggled appearance, she realizes it is another pirate. There is at least one there, past the portal and in the dark chamber ahead, moving from point to point to get into an ambush position in anticipation of your arrival.

Remove ads