[LPF] Tower of the Black Pearl (DM: Deuce Traveler)

Grayn

First Post
No kidding!

You guys really took the air out of my balloon, thinking that I was getting close to being ready to run my first PbP as GM. I apparently I still have some studying to do!

Thanks for all the hard work! :D

Satin Knights

First Post
Don't let that scare you away. We desperately need more GMs. That was just a big table of numbers. I will do it for you too at the end, if you desire. We even have a downloadable excel sheet that will do 95% of the work for you. All that is really needed is finish dates for fights, the CR# of the encounter. The rest is just crunching numbers. It is easy for me because I have done a dozen of them, all by hand.

The focus of the GM should be on carrying a good story description and flow of the game. A group entering a room should see about a paragraph of emersive description of a room and its contents. I admittedly slip a little in that category, but make up with good maps made in MapTool. So, please don't shy away from running a game. Three games are finishing out this week. It looks like in the next two weeks we will have around 25 active characters in the DWI waiting for a game and 1-3 GMs available to run them. We could definitely use more GMs. A first or third level adventure is easy to start with. It can be a short one, just a couple of encounters. Just something to keep people from getting bored and having to waits months before getting back into a game.

Please! Please! Please!!!

Grayn

First Post
[MENTION=6704731]Gorgon Heap[/MENTION]
I'm going to move Thuk to the DWI and drag you along with me. ;) We can continue our RP over a mug of ale.

If you don't want to go along, you can excuse yourself, or yell at Thuk or slap him, or punch him in the gut or whatever you think would be appropriate to get your point across.

Remove ads