[LPF] Tower of the Black Pearl (DM: Deuce Traveler)

Gorgon Heap

First Post
The woman expertly tied a loose knot with one end of the rope as Thuk wraps a length of the other end around his bulging arm. She then stands at the edge of the staircase and whirls the lasso overhead, tossing it with a grunt to land around the statue's hideous head. Thuk leans his bulk back, pulling the rope taught, and Garadh grasps it ahead of the half-orc.

Lightfeather gives the rope a tug, feeling the two men have a powerful hold on it, and she nods to them , pulling herself up and along it, easily crossing the room and pulling the pearl from its mounting. Her return is slower, but not more difficult.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lightfeather is able to pull the pearl out after a few excruciating tries. But as she wipes a sweaty brow and lifts it victoriously over her head she suddenly notices that the magic holding back the dark, serpent-filled water is now abating. Water begins to lap at the soles of her footwear, and toothy serpents make a bid to sink poisonous fangs into her ankles. She has one chance... she has to make a leap for the rope her companions are holding.

That's not the worst of it. The water looks to be surging up the steps, too, towards Lightfeather's companions. She'll have to hurry across and they'll have to soon find a way to reopen the portal before the water fills the room. On a positive note, they are likely to die by the swarm of serpents before they drown.

OOC: Lightfeather, make a DC 12 Reflex check to avoid the serpents and grab the rope before they make their attack. Your two companions have to hold the rope in order to avoid making a strength check to hold up your weight as you cross. Otherwise they can abandon that plan and someone try to open the portal at the top of the stairs behind them.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lightfeather moves quickly; fear being a great motivator. She makes it to the rope and pulls herself along several feet of it in mere seconds, dropping on stone steps that are beginning to splash with water. The rope is abandoned, and the party rushes upwards to the closed portal with the rising waters swallowing up the stairs behind them. You estimate that the water will overtake you in the next several seconds, and the portal itself soon after.

If only you knew how to open it...

OOC: Each character can make a different attempt to activate the portal each round.

Grayn

First Post
Frantically, Thuk slices his arm with his dagger enough to draw blood and smears it on the portal.

OOC: For some reason, I'm not getting email notifications for thread updates. Weird.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Breathing hard, the Goti woman tucks the pearl to the side and without hesitation holds her hand out for Thuk to draw his blade across.

OOC: I'm not entirely clear on how this is supposed to work, with the several tries per turn and several doors, but I'm doing whatever we're supposed to be doing to get the thing operational, I guess.

Grayn

First Post
OOC: I would probably hold off until we find out if this is going to work. No need to start slicing each other up, if its not going to work. :eek:

Remove ads