• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[LPF] Tower of the Black Pearl (DM: Deuce Traveler)

Grayn

First Post
Thuk looks around the robes, shelves and particularly eyes the gold bowl for anything that might seem valuable or possibly a trap.

Perception: 1d20=3

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Garadh and Thuk notice that the five sealed vessels are plated in hammered gold, making each fairly valuable. Along with the gold bowl, you have found a decent haul, perhaps worth a total of 150gp if the bowl and bowl are sold off together. Although Garadh can't tell what is inside the vessels, he can feel something knocking around inside each when he picks them up.

Nothing else of note is detected inside the room.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
OOC: Moving along.

IC: After grabbing the treasure, the heroes continue towards the passage, continuing for more than a hundred winding feet to some steps.

The roughhewn steps descend to a wooden dock and dark lake that wends its way out of sighr. A brazier stands to either side, wreathed in cold flames.

A skiff emerges from the darkness, poled by a cloaked boatman. As the boatman draws nearer, you can see the cloak's hood hides a pale skull with blue flames for eyes. The skiff brushes up against the dock, and the boatman extends a single skeletal hand towards you as if waiting for you to give it something.

Grayn

First Post
Thuk looks at each of his companions and then back at the boatman.

"Hmph, pay the boatman...always paying the boatman." he grumbles as he rummages his pockets for a gold piece while walking towards the skiff. "I ain't got many of these boatman, so if this ain't worth my while, just don't bother dropping me off." The big barbarian stares into the fiery eyes of the boatman as he drops the coin into its extended hand.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
The Goti woman appears more confused than ever. "Why would we give this creature coins? It's unnatural. Why not slay it?"

(Yeah, I'll hand over a gold, I guess, but it's an important question from a purely cultural standpoint.)

Grayn

First Post
Thuk ignores Lightfeather's inquiry and stares intently into the boatman's flaming eyes. Both hands on the hilt of his large sword that is resting on his shoulder, while he waits for the creature's next move.

[sblock=ooc]@Gorgon Heap, Thuk was raised on boats (mostly as a slave). Paying for a ferry ride would be very natural to him. He would feel it was almost a "duty" to pay the ferryman, both as a passenger and a former slave on those boats. Its almost instinctive for him. Hopefully, that makes sense.

Not too mention, what barbarian worth his salt would pass up a chance to stare death in the eyes. ;) [/sblock]

Gorgon Heap

First Post
OOC: It will be cool to learn character stuff IC - maybe if we survive and get back to the bar. Otherwise, sure I get paying the boatman thing, but Lightfeather is from the grasslands of Pell, so she's clueless.

Garadh hesitates at first, but seeing Thuk hand over a coin, he does so also, but watches carefully for any hostile moves. When Lightfeather suggests slaying it, Garadh tenses in case the question sparks an attack...

Remove ads