Critical Role LYSK: Gods and Geography of Wildemount

gyor

Legend
Pff... I don't think most new players are even going to notice or care. And if they do, it's really not that hard to grok "The stuff in this one setting is not the same as in this other setting, even if they have the same name."

It's not really clear what Setting the MTOF Raven Queen is even for, but the qoute from Laeral Silverhand about her suggests primarily for FR, but none of it fits or makes sense for FR given the Shadar Kai at all.

I like that they unified the demihuman Pantheons in FR, but they really, really messed up the racial/Raven Queen lore into something that does really make much sense. Not all of it's bad, but alot of it just doesn't fit anything.

MTOFs is why I really want them to playtest new lore, especially if it retcons things, because much of that book is a disaster.

Prakriti

Hi, I'm a Mindflayer, but don't let that worry you
It's not really clear what Setting the MTOF Raven Queen is even for, but the qoute from Laeral Silverhand about her suggests primarily for FR, but none of it fits or makes sense for FR given the Shadar Kai at all.

I like that they unified the demihuman Pantheons in FR, but they really, really messed up the racial/Raven Queen lore into something that does really make much sense. Not all of it's bad, but alot of it just doesn't fit anything.

MTOFs is why I really want them to playtest new lore, especially if it retcons things, because much of that book is a disaster.
My own gripe about Mordenkainen's Tome is that it should have focused on foes from the outer planes. The chapters on Elves, Dwarves, Halflings, and Gnomes feel completely out of place. Also, a lot of the monsters just aren't that useful or interesting. Volo's Guide was a much better book.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Actually the Tyr in the realms (and quite a few others deities too) is the deity from the norse pantheon.
No he ain't. If it was the same guy, he wouldn't also appear in the Norse pantheon at the same time. Especially considering he was never killed off in the Norse pantheon even though he was in the Realms at one point. The Realms Tyr is like an alternate universe Tyr just like the Exandria Pelor is an alternate universe Pelor than the one in Greyhawk. Just like the Tyr in my Realms campaign is an alternate universe Tyr from the one in yours. They are all different. :)

No he ain't. If it was the same guy, he wouldn't also appear in the Norse pantheon at the same time. Especially considering he was never killed off in the Norse pantheon even though he was in the Realms at one point. The Realms Tyr is like an alternate universe Tyr just like the Exandria Pelor is an alternate universe Pelor than the one in Greyhawk. Just like the Tyr in my Realms campaign is an alternate universe Tyr from the one in yours. They are all different. :)
The singular, solitary Darkseid with his many avatars: laughs in New God

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases