M&M game interest?

fireinthedust

Explorer
finished watching Young Justice for the first time today. Wow!

Yeah, Batman has control issues. The whole league, really. It's rude: you don't trust your sidekicks?! Why? I think the ending just shows another level of control. Yes, they're the good guys, but I don't like their methods: keeping people on your own team in the dark... just isn't how you run an effective team!

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Yeah, Batman has control issues. The whole league, really. It's rude: you don't trust your sidekicks?! Why?

I believe it has to deal with what happened the last time the Justice League had a "Bring Your Sidekicks To Work Day.."
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pBMT0mmKyw]YouTube - Robot Chicken: Justice League - Adult Swim (Official)[/ame]

fireinthedust

Explorer
I believe it has to deal with what happened the last time the Justice League had a "Bring Your Sidekicks To Work Day.."
YouTube - Robot Chicken: Justice League - Adult Swim (Official)

Fie, it's not working in Canada and I can't locate it in another name on Youtube!!!

Setting: If we're going DCA, I'm going to run it in a unique DC setting. You'll each have to explain yourselves according to DC's ideas. In fact, if we're going to do Young Justice, you'll each be picking a hero that you're the sidekick for. If you want Batman, then you're a crime fighter; but you don't have to be Robin, or even this version of Robin (ie: you can be the one from Dark Knight Returns, or whatever). If you want a Kryptonian, you could be a clone of Superman's, or you could be Supergirl herself, or a Daxamite, etc. I'd stay back from GLs just for now, or we'll be making them vastly less powerful than the comics. Martians are good, though.

Whatever you pick, you're a weaker version of a hero; or else just a PL8 version of whatever you'd like to be.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Okay, I'm going to get to work on this. I may recruit now or after the holidays, and I might put a thread up on Atomicthinktank to bring folks here for the game as well.

If you folks are into it, you've got first dibs on mentors, on being part of this game.

However, I want you to commit to at least one scenario/adventure(!). If I say I'll do it, I'll do it, and I'll give it my best shot; if I hate it, I'll let the group know what's what. I ask this from all players in return. It's hard work preparing for a game!

I'm going to go PL8, but if you need help with stats let me know (I'll do my best)

hero4hire

Explorer
Okay, I'm going to get to work on this. I may recruit now or after the holidays, and I might put a thread up on Atomicthinktank to bring folks here for the game as well.

If you folks are into it, you've got first dibs on mentors, on being part of this game.

However, I want you to commit to at least one scenario/adventure(!). If I say I'll do it, I'll do it, and I'll give it my best shot; if I hate it, I'll let the group know what's what. I ask this from all players in return. It's hard work preparing for a game!

I'm going to go PL8, but if you need help with stats let me know (I'll do my best)

I am down. I will think on a mentor. Maybe I will pick a Leaguer who is a bit lesser known for sidekicks like Zatanna or Hawkman?

Shayuri

First Post
I'd like to play. A mentor might be tricky, since I have a penchant for kind of odd power concepts and I'm not -terribly- familiar with the DCU, beyond the biggest and most famous names.

What I usually do with supers games, and will probably do here too, is shotgun out a few general concepts, and get some feedback as to which suits the campaign most bestest...which in this case will include whether or not the concept has a clear mentor...and then use that.

fireinthedust

Explorer
Mentors: off-beat heroes can work with just about anyone. Keep in mind that DC has some fairly out-there concepts rolling around. Superman has Steel as a buddy, who's got the Iron Man thing going on. The Teen Titans have a wide range of heroes, and many of them could graduate to the JLA with no problems. Magic has Dr. Fate or Zatara as mentor potentials (I suspect Zatanna is going to join Young Justice at some point). The Amazons, Martians... Maybe your character expands that mentor's portfolio a bit, or is associated with one of their villains (ie: heroic Brainiac, or a refuge from another planet who hangs out with Superman)

I'll be having the game set fairly recently in Supers history, like the Young Justice show.

Walking Dad

First Post
Would a time and space displaced Durlan (from the Legion of Superheroes area) work? Mentor would be the Martian Manhunter, as the local prominent shapeshifting alien. I really love Martians, but it is hard to do them with 120 PP and to many in existence would ruin their theme (see the last son of Krypton...)

Remove ads