M&M game interest?

fireinthedust

Explorer
heh, read up on Durlans: sounds fun. I wonder if we could have him be found in the arctic, in a pair of destroyed American and Norwegian science stations, circa 1983...? ;) Reminded me of John Carpenter's The Thing, with the scanners.

You'll need to have specific forms you take, using Alternate Form. I don't want to do Variable power for Young Justice. I can even see it as only a few forms with minor powers, or just disguise... but only disguises is boring!
The Scanners would be sense of some sort, with Detect I think.

EDIT: Martians are fine. Keep in mind Miss Martian wouldn't need to exist on this world. And, moreover, you could be Martian Manhunter's clone via Cadmus, or Luthor, or however.

Regardless: so long as he's approximately in a range that lets him/her interact meaningfully with the other characters, that's fine. The spectrum is Robin to Superboy, around the PL of the Young Justice episode.

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Ok, than I choose some specific 'battle changes' as alternate forms (who are alternate powers to each other) & 5 ranks of morph?

You got me hooked, perhaps I will try to make a low cost martian.

The scanners are more like a feature. I only know of one instance they were useful to really detect someone.

hero4hire

Explorer
It seems there is a young Zachary Zatara who is cousing to Zatanna with similiar abilities already in comics. He is arrogant to the point of being insufferable. A real Jackhole. Kinda mixed feelings about playing such a jerk. I know I know I don't have to stick with the canon personality...But it would seem to do the character a bit of an injustice making him play nice?

hero4hire

Explorer
Ok, than I choose some specific 'battle changes' as alternate forms (who are alternate powers to each other) & 5 ranks of morph?

You got me hooked, perhaps I will try to make a low cost martian.

The scanners are more like a feature. I only know of one instance they were useful to really detect someone.

The 2e Martian in Instant Heroes has a good example of using alt powers instead of shapechange.

Walking Dad

First Post
But he is not dynamic ;)
So, if he looks like someone else, he has a glass jaw.

But I still love instant heroes for 2nd edition. I hope their will be something similar for 3rd edition.

Walking Dad

First Post
Below is work in progress, as I will change a character archetype step by step

[sblock]Durlan PL8

ABILITIES

STRENGTH
STAMINA
AGILITY
DEXTERITY
FIGHTING
INTELLECT
AWARENESS
PRESENCE

POWERS
Durlan Morphology: Array (20 points)
• Intangibility: Insubstantial 4, Dynamic • 21 points
• Density: Protection 2, Impervious Toughness 12, Sustained,
Dynamic • 2 points
• Invisibility: Visual Concealment 4, Dynamic • 2 points
• Big Creatures: Growth 10, Dynamic • 2 points
• Small Creatures: Shrinking 20 , Dynamic • 2 points
• Strong like a bull:
Enhanced Trait (STRENGTH), sustained
Enhanced Trait (STAMINA), sustained
Enhanced Trait AGILITY
Enhanced Trait DEXTERITY

Shapeshifting: Morph (any form) 4 • 20 points

• 27 point total

ADVANTAGES
Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Move-by Action, Seize
Initiative, Taunt

SKILLS
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+10), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise:
Zoology 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +21
Unarmed +101 Close, Damage 11
1 Varies based on shape.

DEFENSE
DODGE 81
PARRY 81
FORTITUDE 81
TOUGHNESS 5/2*1
WILL 101 *Without Defense Roll bonus

POWER POINTS
ABILITIES 38
SKILLS 14
POWERS 72
DEFENSES 22
ADVANTAGES 5
TOTAL 150

Complication: Morphology Power can only be used to simulate traits of the creature he morphed into.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
2nd variant, not using MM's Morphology power as a template, but an array.

Below is work in progress, as I will change a character archetype step by step

Durlan PL8

[sblock]ABILITIES

STRENGTH
STAMINA
AGILITY
DEXTERITY
FIGHTING
INTELLECT
AWARENESS
PRESENCE

POWERS
Durlan Shape Array: Dynamic Array (20 points)
• Disguises: Morph 4 (any) • 2 points
• Rock People:
• Kansidian Dragon:
• Darntor Chameleon Cat:
• Scyllit Scorpion:
• Hyxbinan Gas Form:

• 27 point total

ADVANTAGES
Defensive Attack, Defensive Roll 3, Move-by Action, Seize Initiative, Taunt

SKILLS
Close Combat: Unarmed 4 (+10), Deception 6 (+9), Expertise: Zoology 6 (+7), Perception 6 (+8), Stealth 6 (+10)

OFFENSE
INITIATIVE +21
Unarmed +101 Close, Damage 11
1 Varies based on shape.

DEFENSE
DODGE 8
PARRY 8
FORTITUDE 8
TOUGHNESS 5/2*1
WILL 10
*Without Defense Roll bonus

POWER POINTS
ABILITIES 38
SKILLS 14
POWERS 72
DEFENSES 22
ADVANTAGES 5
TOTAL 120
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Hmm...we have a shapeshifter and we have a magickan...those are two concepts I often leap at. But that's good, lets me think of newer ideas.

Let me lob ideas, and you DC gurus can suggest characters/mentors that might work for 'em.

Another Infamous List:
1) Mentalist - A character with telepathic and telekinetic abilities. I envision some limited 'mind control' limited to specific verbal commands perhaps...that or Astral Projection and Possession. Perhaps some Illusion to represent telepathic manipulation of senses.

2) Photokineticist - Visual illusions, perhaps some weak TK to create sounds as well. Lasers and dazzle afflictions. Invisibility.

3) Electrokineticist - Electrical/magnetic attacks and defenses. Possible flight via interaction with Earth's magnetic field. Communication/influence over electronic devices.

4) Gadgeteer - Makes stuff. Cool stuff. Probably has some kind of 'battle harness' or armor to fight in, though not as full featured as "power armor" theme character's would be.

fireinthedust

Explorer
H4H: why not just play an *alternate* Zatanna? Imagine if she went less classic stage magician, and had gone the route of Chris Angel Mindfreak: more in-your-face, rock n roll, tattoos and top hats. At the very least, a different style, one that irks her more proper father.

New twists: I had a shapeshifter PC for a player. We called her Dino-girl. She was like Beast Boy, but instead of animals she focused on Dinosaurs. T-rex form, all that stuff.

Legion characters could associate with Superman. That makes sense, as he hung out with them as Superboy.

Remove ads