[M&M] Shadowrun [Recruiting]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I think he meant starting a new thread to discuss specifically interest in an M&M game.

The past two days have been very busy RL, just struggling to keep up on my active games. I am having to generate a few new Star Wars characters and some DM stuff so I haven't been able to give this any more consideration.

If things are slow for the weekend I might be able to get back to it before Monday. But really my mind has left the Shadowrun option unless other people start popping in here.

As for M&M, trying to sort out Friday's game recruitment background will take me more time than I have in the next few days, maybe after the weekend. I will consider opening a new thread for just M&M interest if I cannot get myself interested in Friday's game. I would like to try something straight up first maybe, just to learn the system, since it is a little different than other d20 games.

Walking Dad

First Post
That sounds very good. My M&M experience (besides reading the books) are just one and a half PbP campaigns and some real life sparring fights using sample characters.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I think he meant starting a new thread to discuss specifically interest in an M&M game.

The past two days have been very busy RL, just struggling to keep up on my active games. I am having to generate a few new Star Wars characters and some DM stuff so I haven't been able to give this any more consideration.

If things are slow for the weekend I might be able to get back to it before Monday. But really my mind has left the Shadowrun option unless other people start popping in here.

As for M&M, trying to sort out Friday's game recruitment background will take me more time than I have in the next few days, maybe after the weekend. I will consider opening a new thread for just M&M interest if I cannot get myself interested in Friday's game. I would like to try something straight up first maybe, just to learn the system, since it is a little different than other d20 games.

As Friday said himself, it is not needed to know the setting a lot, think of a peloponese/ medieval fantasy game using the M&M rules. WD got the point with his sorcerer. As for the recruitment thread, the story he posted is quite interesting and enjoyable to read, got me right in =P
So take your time, I think you'll like it once you read it.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
If I may, perrin, I'd strongly suggest dropping the "basic" classes and use only "prestige classes" for the characters. Shadowrun was well known for its solid Archetypes, though making a character from scratch was always more fun (you mean I can pick to start as a multi-millionaire?! Sweet!). I would be interested in seeing if you'd be porting over the chargen from Shadowrun. :)

[Edit] Gah, never mind... you already changed systems. *LOL*

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I think I have a d20 Modern source called Classically Modern that has the D&D classes in it. That what you mean?

Also the Chargen, is that the Shadowrun d20 Core rules that HM mentioned finding on the internet.
Link: Shadowrun d20 Core Rules

I haven't abandoned the idea yet, but just not sure on interest at this time. Still no GM and only a few players. If the other d20 games that we are playing stall out and cannot continue, perhaps things will change.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
After delving into M&M 2nd Ed, I can see the idea of using those rules with a Shadowrun setting being a good idea. Would just need to figure out the races issues and their cost. Might be easier than what I was thinking about before. After getting the hang of the other M&M game I might look into it some more. Wondering how to handle decking though.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
WD; Changed it, and the title of this thread as well.

Having only actually seen the Decking in Shadowrun played out once, I am not really even comfortable how it works anyway. With a Computer Use skill, it can be wrapped up in one skill roll, but then it kind of makes being a Decker not that much fun.

But if the Decking encounter was a series of rolls, where you could apply your skill and a power or two, then it could be done quickly in 1-2 posts and provide some benefits for being a Decker rather than just a Computer Hacker. Probably have to spend PP on a Deck to get those Hacking powers.

Another similar Archetype Character is the Rigger. Besides being a technical geek, they control vehicles via implants. Haven't seen how that would work in M&M. Spend PP on devices again?

At least the Magic would be the easy part in M&M. I assume guns and cybernetics wouldn't be hard either.

Walking Dad

First Post
For Riggers, look at the Datalink power with the Machine Control Power Feat.

Guns are for the most part just equipment. (There is a great equipment section in the Agents of Freedom Sourcebook.)

Cybernetics and biotech descriptors for powers (Protection = Orthoskin, ...)

For magic I would suggest the Sorcery Magic variant in Warriors and Warlocks, to simulate the mental damage from casting. (It is just Magic with an autohitting Fatigue effect, reducing the cost from 1 / 2 to 2 / 1.)

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Sounds like it is all readily possible then, huh?
Hmm, don't have Warriors and Warlocks. Is readily available online?

Last edited:

Remove ads