[M&M] Shadowrun [Recruiting]

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Decking could be done as a team sport, like the Matrix movie. Hell, it could be an adventure in and of itself. I don't know anyone that enjoyed the Decking part of Shadowrun; while it was innovative, it was essentially a solo dungeon with a computerized avatar.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Honestly, the mystique of decking never really got to me as a player, but then my gaming group jumped ship quickly to Cyberpunk instead. Something about calling the combat rules "A Friday Night Firefight" just seemed to appeal more to our personalities (bunch of Navy guys, so go figure).

So after a hectic week of busting my ass to finish up 3 SWSE characters and a essentially 2 SWd20 characters (I could decide which build to use) I have found myself caught up on my DM duties and prep work. I have some time to relax and really think about this.

So let's see here. We have potentially 2-3 players, maybe more if Warshike or even Friday are interested. We have an unqualified GM (myself) and a cool setting.

I think I know a way to test drive the idea. Shadowrun has a newbie encounter called Food Fight at the Stuffer Shack. It was an encounter (1st Edition) that was designed as an introduction to the setting and rules for both new players and GMs. Who's interested in giving it a shot under M&M 2ed rules?

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I worked the Archer for Malazan, but also gave this some more thought today too.

I looked over the Food Fight scenario and I need to decide PL first. Maybe 5 with 75PP for players and bad guys PL3-4, dunno.

Then wondering about applying the different races for characters, in SR it costs you points to be non-human. Choices, Elf, Dwarf, Orc (so half-orc), and Troll (more like a half-ogre). I think Warriors and Warlock has some of this.

Next I need to try and make the NPCs from their SR stats next. This will take some time as I need to refresh my memory on SR rules too.

Walking Dad

First Post
I would prefer PL 6 with 90 PP.

The sample soldier is PL 5 and the SWAT Officer is PL 6 in the supporting class chapter. So I think PL 6 for the main characters of the story fits better, IMHO.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
Just to clarify - are you planning on running superheroes in a Shadowrun setting, or are you trying to replicate Shadowrun Archetypes using True20?

I know that M&M is "powered" by True20, but wouldn't it be simpler to use the True20 rules with all the M&M stuff cut out rather than do the cutting yourself?

Walking Dad

First Post
I wouldn't say M&M is powered by True 20. Both are d20 based and use a similar damage save system. That is all. (Besides being from the same people.)
One is class the other point based. One effect and one specific powers based.

For True 20 you would have to add complex rules for Cybernetics, Shadowrun like magic, ... .

In M&M, you can just build, using the core rules and just add a 'cybernetic' or 'magic' descriptor. I also like PL caps more than levels with rigid structures for skill points, how many feats, starting feats, level based saves...

It can be done in True 20, but I don't think it would be easier.

That said, I would play either system, but preferring M&M.

Remove ads