log in or register to remove this ad

 

[M&M3] Astonishing Tales of Centropolis Vol. #3, Issue 1 ‘This Island Apocalypse’


log in or register to remove this ad

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Shadow
Apocalypse Island
Saturday, February 11, 2017/Night
Round 0


Shadow rejoined the others and took in the elevator and the trap. “Yes, disable the trap and sensors,” he said. Once that was done he started to study the interior of the elevator for a way to bypass the car entirely to go directly down the shaft. After all, Princess could fly and he could shadowport. Perhaps they could salvage something from all the robots to help them climb down and not alert the bottom that they were coming.


[sblock=Character Tracker]
Shadow Character Sheet
Action: Perception: 1D20+5 = [2]+5 = 7
Move:
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions: Hindered (Speed -1 for trees)
Regeneration: 0/5r
Hero Points: 2
[/sblock]
 

A popping sound and the smell of burnt insulation comes from the elevator.
[sblock=Actions]Using Electrosense to target the surveillance circuits within the walls of the elevator, then Overload to blast them:
[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], Damage 7 electrical, originating immediately adjacent to the targeted circuit.
Doing the same for the Drop trap: [roll3], Damage 7 electrical, originating immediately adjacent to the targeted circuit.
OOC: Please tell me if I need to make any additional rolls to do this
[/sblock]
 

GreenKarl

First Post
After Silver Streak shorted out all the sensors and disabled the 'trap' the Shadow moved into the elevator car itself and looked around to see if there were any obvious trapdoors or access to the elevator shaft but as far as he could tell there was not any. The spider robot thing had been pretty heavily so the heroes could assume the floor car itself was reinforced.

GM: Silver Streak disabled all the sensors and the death trap with those rolls.
Anyone can make a Technology check to try and figure out if there is a trap-door/access to the shaft. OR if anyone has any special senses they want to use instead they could.
Are someone could try and damage a part of the floor to see how strong it is...
[sblock=Result 15]You are pretty sure the car must have a access door but you're not sure how it opens or where it opens in the floor.[/sblock][sblock=20]You find a hidden access port near the floor. You can open a port in the cars floor. The door is near the center of the elevator car.[/sblock]
 

hero4hire

First Post
After Silver Streak disables the equipment, Rumble steps up. "Good job Sparky! Lessee if we can jimmy this bad boy open."

Ooc: Not great at Tech. But trying to move things along.
 

Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune goes over to the elevator car, examining it invisibly alongside her illusory decoy...

(Technology: [roll0])

"There's gotta be some kind of port or hatch in here," her double said, swishing her tails agitatedly. "Check the ceiling, or floor...if we get into the shaft directly, we'll be harder to mess with."
 

GreenKarl

First Post
With a little bit more searching, after Kitsune had mentioned the access hatch, the heroes do indeed find one in the floor. Silver Streak is able to open as it is a simple "open/close" electronic switch mechanism. Opening it the heroes see a deep shaft down into the earth. Those whom can see in the dark (or who use other senses to "see") can tell that it drops straight down about 200 feet with another door at the bottom.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"Out of curiosity, Silver Streak, you sensed electronic device in here. Are there any electronic surveillance devices in the woods around us?" The Princess asks. "I wonder how closely we are being watched by the Doctor."
 




GreenKarl

First Post
GM: Oh NOW I see what Princess was asking. Sorry, I misunderstood. Silver Streak could make another check (with Perception) to sense any electronics, specifically security if he wanted to...
[sblock=Result 10+]Yes there are a number (probably less then 10) various electronic systems active in and around the forest[/sblock][sblock=Result 15+]Not only do you sense around 10 electronic security systems in and around the forest around you but there is only low-signature one moving about just past the tree line and in the dark...[/sblock]
 


GreenKarl

First Post
Opening his senses to the waves of electricals in the area the speeder pin points 9 set in various trees but then he feel one move... glancing in that direction he spotted a flash of it as the thing suddenly darted back into the jungle!!!

[sblock=Robot Surveillance Drone]What Silver Streak sees before it runs into the forest. Its about one foot across and its legs are maybe a foot and a half long each SecurityDrone.jpg
Stealth check: 1D20+18 = [14]+18 = 32[/sblock]
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
The Shadow
Apocalypse Island
Saturday, February 11, 2017/Night
Round 0

Technology: 1D20+3 = [2]+3 = 5

Caleb couldn’t find a trapdoor or any access to the elevator shaft itself. The others found one, though, and Shadow looked down the two hundred foot drop.

“It’s a long way down,” he warned. “I can shadowport down, and some of us can fly. Can they carry the others?”

Then Silver streak sensed a surveillance drone in the foliage around them.

“So many lousy robots,” Shadow muttered. “Think you can take it down?” Shadow asked Silver Streak, since he was the only one who had seen it.

[sblock=Character Tracker]
Shadow Character Sheet
Action:
Move:
Reaction: Opportunity attack
Conditions:
Regeneration: 0/5r
Hero Points: 2
[/sblock]
 


GreenKarl

First Post
GM: just one. Its not like they can dodge or anything


Silver Streak quickly overloads the various 'hidden' cameras and sensors spread throughout the clearing. After making short work of them the speedster is confident that they are not under any kind of electronic surveillance.
 

Shayuri

First Post
"I can get down," Kitsune said, "Though I'm wondering if maybe we should go another way now. After all, our gracious host saw and heard us clearing this path out."

She considers, then adds, "Though he'll have more surveillance at other paths, and he'll know if we take THAT out, so really taking him by surprise isn't going to happen. This IS his turf after all. Nevermind!"
 


Shayuri

First Post
Kitsune shrugs. "Works for me, I guess."

She followed Rumble down, clinging to the wall as well.

And a few seconds after her image did, the invisible true Kitsune went as well.
 

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top