Mad at Paizo?

cmad1977

Hero
Watching others play D&D doesn't appeal.

I might watch a DM stream advice and stories if they were good at presenting.

So... me being a hypocrite here but...
Watching people play D&D is kinda of ‘lame’ to be.
However, LISTENING to the same broadcast(while driving or laundry or whatever) is a really interesting excercise. It’s like ‘watching the tape’ after a game. “Would I run this the same way?”

Mercador

Adventurer
So... me being a hypocrite here but...
Watching people play D&D is kinda of ‘lame’ to be.
However, LISTENING to the same broadcast(while driving or laundry or whatever) is a really interesting excercise. It’s like ‘watching the tape’ after a game. “Would I run this the same way?”
Can't say for him but on my side, being actually in front of the TV (or any device) and watching doesn't allow me to do menial tasks. Listening on the other hand is perfect. I've listen to many books this winter while doing house chores.

EthanSental

Legend
Supporter
I’m with @MNblockhead, I’ve always enjoyed the Acq Inc pax shows since there’s only 4-5 a year....fun stuff and not a weekly 3-4 hour CR game. I used to watch some of CR and enjoyed it when I did watch but dont have the time to invest unless it was via pod cast that I can listen too while I drive to and from work.

CapnZapp

Legend
I did watch the one where "that DM" does a solo scenario for Colbert.

But that was a very short scenario featuring one (1) character played by an awesome wide-eyed old fan loving it, so... (Best thing, the youtube comments by somebody young comparing how Colbert acted - carefully and suspiciously - to the commenter's father, a Gulf War vet :ROFLMAO: )

Those hours-long vids featuring half a dozen attractive people trying too hard? Hard nope.

But that could be just me playing at least weekly IRL, and so having no need for more.

I'll listen to podcasts of gamers playing RPGs if the people at the table are reasonably engaging. But they have to be participants who are experienced at and love playing an RPG for its own sake.

What I don't find appealing is watching actors theatrically playing RPGs. Something about it just seems so contrived.

Mercador

Adventurer
What I don't find appealing is watching actors theatrically playing RPGs. Something about it just seems so contrived.

Thanks to pinpoint it. Looking actors playing fans playing DnD. But I guess if we were looking at real fans of DnD, it wouldn't be "watchable".

Fanaelialae

Legend
Do you mean Critical Role? They are real fans. What is with you folks?! The game they were playing BEFORE the stream.

Do you REALLY think they thought sitting around for hours at a time playing D&D was GOOD for thier careers? Especially at first?
I agree. I've watched a fair amount of CR, though admittedly far from all. While they are professional actors and much of it is high quality, there are parts where they get stuck on discussing a plan or whatnot and the show just drags, just like at anyone's table. I would hardly call that playing fans.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I'll listen to podcasts of gamers playing RPGs if the people at the table are reasonably engaging. But they have to be participants who are experienced at and love playing an RPG for its own sake.

Thanks to pinpoint it. Looking actors playing fans playing DnD. But I guess if we were looking at real fans of DnD, it wouldn't be "watchable".

I'm sorry, do you guys have "real fans of DnD" decoder rings or something? Gatekeeping is deeply not cool.

Remove ads