Magic Bones

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
SamuraiY said:
This is where I start to get a little bit worried about this particular quest. You see, the items are monk only (they were a monk's bones after all).This could easily frustrate the other players. On the other hand it's a small group, only two or three PCs. I was thinking of having other important quests for the other PCs, so they are sometimes working on the monks quest, sometimes on the cleric's quest, etc. This may not be to good of an idea though. I was going to have the quests coincide as often as possible. One NPC has both a bone and something the cleric needs for example.
As for what happens if the monk dies, what I was thinking is that the power of the bone is "absorbed" by the monk's bone. example: the hand bone they originally found is no longer magical, but the monks is. This could be a little gruesome though.

Now after all this I have to say, remember this is my first time DMing, so please dont be to harsh.

I think you're right - if someone dies it gets gruesome and fairly complicated... Most players might be a bit grossed out by chopping up another character?

Perhaps the power could return from their corpse back to the original bones if the player dies.

The multiple quests idea is a very good one - having a story for each character and interweaving them can be a lot of fun... gives everyone a chance to shine. If it all ties together then even better!

Do you have any item ideas for the other character(s)?

I think the first thing would be to decide how many quests the monk player needs to make? That decides how many separate sets of parts you need to make... There can be more body parts than this, but they'll need to be found together?

Another couple of questions: What level are the PCs starting at? What level would you like this campaign to run to?

SamuraiY

First Post
I like your idea for handling the deaths much better than mine, because quite frankly I would be somewhat grosssed out by the PCs chopping a character's corpse up my self. As for the other quests I have some ideas for their quests eventual goals, but I'm not quite sure how They will get there. I'm working on that though. Im not quite sure how many quests I want the monk to make but how about a tentative answer of 6 or 7? The PCs will start at first level, but I was thinking they would be somewhere between 15th and 20th level when all the quests start to close. These are all just thoughts of course.

SamuraiY

First Post
How about this:

The legs count act as one bone, granting permanent jump and expeditious retreat.

The arms also count as one bone and grant ambidexterity and two weapon fighting.

What do you think of these and the above suggestions? What should happen if the person already has both or one of those feats? Should it then grant Improved Two Weapon Fighting? What if the person has that feat too?

Remove ads