Malvoisin's Curse of the Crimson Throne, Chapter 1: Edge of Anarchy (IC)

Rhun

First Post
Nodding in satisfaction as the alligator flees, Gadeann turns his attention on the true foe. "Justice has come," he calls, moving toward the melee. "And aye, vengeance too!" As he steps within range of the hated enemy, the Shoanti warrior chops with his poleaxe, determined to end the vile Lamm's reign of terror and evil.

AC 18 w/harrow, HP 10/10

Move 5' down (west), and 5' diagnally down and right (southwest)

Attack Lamm: Heavy Poleaxe +5 (2d6+4/x3; 10' reach)

Voadam

Legend
Orman slides over in front of the door, blocking Lamm's retreat route. He then focuses on his blade work, going for a hard thrust to the ribs.

Five foot step then full power attack.

Moving down the walkway, Girri sidles closer to Lamm and unleashes the length of her bladed scarf against the old thug. Bits of razored metal, deadly charms midst the scarf's bright silks, eddy in the air as Girri's arm lashes forward.

[sblock=OOC]If Girri cannot reach Lamm with her scarf from her current position, she will expend a bit of her 20-ft movement this round to get just within reach.

Bladed scarf +0, 10-ft reach, 1d6/19-20 dmg

Note: I'm not at all sure that I'm correctly remembering Girri's atk and dmg. I'll check the rg and return with an edit. Post-note: Atk and dmg correct.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Malvoisin

First Post
IN THE WATER - ROUND 1 ADDENDUM

From the boardwalk above, Lucky Edlin gapes in horror and shock as the jigsaw shark tears into Karastro. With nothing else to do, the diviner draws his dagger and leaps into the water, hoping he can prevent the other man's death. He breaks the surface of the river with a splash, and surfaces only a few feet from where the shark's mottled fin breaks the surface of the water.

Initiative Round 2
22: Karastro (-1/6 hp, Dying)
11: Shark (-5 hp)
11: Edlin
6: Coldan

ooc: Edlin is in the water now, only about 10' from the shark. I'll need round two actions from Coldan and Edlin next.

Malvoisin

First Post
LAMM AND GOBBLEGUT - COMBAT ROUND 3

Girri sidles behind Orman, in order to get a little closer to Gaedren Lamm. As she does, the colorful scarf in her hand suddenly lashes out toward the bitter old man's face. Still, Lamm's reflexes remain sharp for his age, and he jerks out of the way. "Dancer Witch," he spews an epithet at Girri. "Real men fight with steel, not scarves!"

"I'm gonna...HURK!" The petty crimelord's latest and final threat dies in his throat with a choked sound, as Gadeann Fayne comes up behind and buries the blade of his poleaxe in Lamm's back. "I...you..." he manages to force out, wide-eyed, before he pitches forward, face first onto the wooden floor. He lies still as his lifeblood pools out from the gaping wound in his back. With a last, spiteful cough, Gaedren Lamm breathes his last, and is no more.

[sblock=Combat Crunch]Girri moves and attacks Lamm with her bladed scarf, but misses.

Gadeann moves and attacks Lamm, hitting with his poleaxe for 10 damage. Just enough to bring things to an end.[/sblock]

ooc: Well, that's that. Now what?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Holding his breath, Coldan seeks for the shore, or slams that damn shark if no other option is open.

OOC: Standard action for round 1 (as stated)---punch the shark if it is w/in range.

OOC: Move action for round 2: If shark not nearby, make a swim check and try to move to shore. Standard action, if swim check successful, pull ashore. If not successful, or the shark is there, punch it. -2 to hit w/ the punch, but the damage is piercing, so I think it does full.

OOC: 26 rounds of breath remaining.

Rhun

First Post
Gadeann raises his poleaxe over his head, and let's loose a loud, bellowing victory cry. Then he looks at his companions with his mismatched eyes, and a slight smile on his face. "Justice is done," he says simply.

Can we hear our companions shouting and fighting in the water?

Girri spits on Lamm, then crouches down beside the dead man and begins rifling Lamm's ragged clothes. "Mayhap we'll find sommat use, either fer them kids we let free or fer us lot."

[sblock=OOC]Search +2
Listen +2[/sblock]

Malvoisin

First Post
SHARK IN THE WATER - ROUND 2

Karastro floats unconscious in the water, oblivious to the danger around him. It will not be long now before his lungs begin to take on water.

The shark, now frenzied by the scent of the warlock's blood in the water, madly thrashes about, seeking more prey to assault. Coldan's movement from but a few feet away draws the animal's attention, and the shark darts toward the knight in a flash. Thankfully, the knight's damnable plate, so heavy in the water, also serves to turn aside the monster's jagged teeth.

Lucky Edlin, dagger in hand, breathes a sigh of relief as the shark's fin cuts through the water and heads in the opposite direction.

With the shark now attacking him, Coldan can take action. With held breath, he raises his fist, and punches with his spiked gauntlet at the shark's face. Sadly, the spikes fail to penetrate the shark's tough skin.

[sblock=Combat Crunch]
Karastro makes his stability roll, so his condition does not worsen.

The shark moves and attacks Coldan, missing with its bite attack.

Edlin readies an attack with his dagger.

Coldan attacks the shark with his spiked gauntlet, but misses.[/sblock]

OOC: Round 3 actions?

Remove ads