Mando season 3

Zardnaar

Legend
I will be disappointed if we don't eventually learn more about Yoda's/Yaddle's/Grogu's people. Maybe their population is decimated and their people scattered around the galaxy, but they had to come from somewhere and Grogu had parents within the lifetimes of many of the characters in this era of Star Wars.

I get not wanting to totally spoil things, but a morsel every season doesn't seem like it'd ruin the mystery.

Yodas species is the great unknown. Lucas ruled it off limits in the old EU.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Yodas species is the great unknown. Lucas ruled it off limits in the old EU.
I would be fine with them just dropping one clue per season finale.

Season 3: Name of the species.

Season 4: Name of their homeworld and that it was destroyed.

Season 5: The fact that there's a hidden new homeworld for them, somewhere in the Outer Reaches.

Season 6: Boba Fett teaches Grogu how to fly a speeder bike.

Zardnaar

Legend
I would be fine with them just dropping one clue per season finale.

Season 3: Name of the species.

Season 4: Name of their homeworld and that it was destroyed.

Season 5: The fact that there's a hidden new homeworld for them, somewhere in the Outer Reaches.

Season 6: Boba Fett teaches Grogu how to fly a speeder bike.

The base of the species is the biggest mystery box left lol.

Hell that question was around in the 90's. Never got statted out in RPG material.

pukunui

Legend
The base of the species is the biggest mystery box left lol.

Hell that question was around in the 90's. Never got statted out in RPG material.
Yeah. For instance, in SWSE, Yoda is statted as a "Small Jedi" (whereas Palpatine is a "Medium Human noble ..." and Chewie is a "Medium Wookiee scout ..." and so on).

Presumably, he when he is considered old enough to decide, Grogu would be given the option of becoming one of The Children of the Watch, and donning a helmet. They have presumably dealt with non-human Mandalorian foundlings before, so have a system for determining an appropriate age.

Have they, though? I thought I remembered old stuff from the EU that Mandalorians were almost as anti-alien as the Empire was?

Zardnaar

Legend
Have they, though? I thought I remembered old stuff from the EU that Mandalorians were almost as anti-alien as the Empire was?

Old EU the original Mandalorians were non human but they'll take anyone but humans and near humans are the most common due to the armor.

Originals.

Beskar kinda dates from the old EU as well either Mandalorian iron or Beskar'gam/gem iirc.

Some sects may gave been anti alien idk Mandalorian history covered something like 25000 years. Sometimes they were like Spartans other times levee en masse take anyone who says yes.

They were usually deducted as better vs the Jedi though.

Haplo781

Legend
I will be disappointed if we don't eventually learn more about Yoda's/Yaddle's/Grogu's people. Maybe their population is decimated and their people scattered around the galaxy, but they had to come from somewhere and Grogu had parents within the lifetimes of many of the characters in this era of Star Wars.

I get not wanting to totally spoil things, but a morsel every season doesn't seem like it'd ruin the mystery.
Lucas stipulated when he sold the franchise that we will never learn that.

Remove ads