• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mando season 3

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
shrug Sure. You can explain anything in TV and movies that way. You never see him wear a clown costume, either.
It always comes back to space clowns.

Dungeons-Dragons-Spelljammer-Space-Clowns.jpg

pukunui

Legend
Three seasons in, it'd be great for them to actually say this, instead of making viewers try to figure it out for themselves. They've certainly had time to add in a single line of dialogue at this point.
See my post about the dialogue in season 1, episode 4 above.

Can't remember if it was Din or Boba but one of them mentioned it, when severely wounded, and the droid with that character said, "But I'm not alive." I'll have to dig for the reference.
That's in the final episode of season 1, when Din is wounded in the cantina fight with Moff Gideon's forces. Din says he's dying and convinces the others to flee, but IG-11 then insists on taking off his helmet to administer a bacta spray. They establish that this is OK because IG-11 isn't alive.

Din: "It is forbidden. No living thing has seen me without my helmet since I swore the creed."
IG-11: "I am not a living thing."

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
See my post about the dialogue in season 1, episode 4 above.

That's in the final episode of season 1, when Din is wounded in the cantina fight with Moff Gideon's forces. Din says he's dying and convinces the others to flee, but IG-11 then insists on taking off his helmet to administer a bacta spray. They establish that this is OK because IG-11 isn't alive.

Din: "It is forbidden. No living thing has seen me without my helmet since I swore the creed."
IG-11: "I am not a living thing."
Fair, but given how much they recapped in this episode, and the obvious moment of the boy donning his helmet for the first time, they could have carved 30 seconds out of an extremely long monster fight to go over this one more time, with more clarity.

And I still think they could and should be talking to people who wear religious garments in real life to make the entire thing seem more plausible.

pukunui

Legend
Fair, but given how much they recapped in this episode, and the obvious moment of the boy donning his helmet for the first time, they could have carved 30 seconds out of an extremely long monster fight to go over this one more time, with more clarity.
I personally thought it was already well established, so I didn't feel the need for it to be included in the recap. But fair enough, I suppose.

Last edited:

Stalker0

Legend
Shouldn't the kid get more instructions than that? ("Obviously, take it off alone to eat and brush your teeth and all.") And why not shave his head before putting it on, as part of the ritual?
Pretty sure that is not the first time the kid has gotten to wear a helmet, probably just the official mandalorian one, so he knows how to wear one.

pukunui

Legend
Pretty sure that is not the first time the kid has gotten to wear a helmet, probably just the official mandalorian one, so he knows how to wear one.
What got me is how it made that little pressure seal noise despite the fact that his hair was still sticking down out the back.

Speaking of that scene - it never occurred to me that it was meant to be a bait-and-switch fake flashback scene of Din getting his helmet for the first time. I just assumed it was the present the entire time. But looking back at it again, I can see how people might have thought that.

Last edited:

My understanding is that they can't take off their helmets IN THE PRESENCE OF ANOTHER LIVING BEING.
This is correct, it was stated in the 1st series. Droids are a grey area.
And if Grogu's a foundling, and of hard-to-quantify biological age, when does he have to be fitted out with fine Beskar headgear?
Presumably, he when he is considered old enough to decide, Grogu would be given the option of becoming one of The Children of the Watch, and donning a helmet. They have presumably dealt with non-human Mandalorian foundlings before, so have a system for determining an appropriate age.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
I will be disappointed if we don't eventually learn more about Yoda's/Yaddle's/Grogu's people. Maybe their population is decimated and their people scattered around the galaxy, but they had to come from somewhere and Grogu had parents within the lifetimes of many of the characters in this era of Star Wars.

I get not wanting to totally spoil things, but a morsel every season doesn't seem like it'd ruin the mystery.

MarkB

Legend
I will be disappointed if we don't eventually learn more about Yoda's/Yaddle's/Grogu's people. Maybe their population is decimated and their people scattered around the galaxy, but they had to come from somewhere and Grogu had parents within the lifetimes of many of the characters in this era of Star Wars.

I get not wanting to totally spoil things, but a morsel every season doesn't seem like it'd ruin the mystery.
Maybe the big reveal in the finale will be when the Children of the Watch set aside their helmet policy, and the rest of them are all revealed to each be sets of Yodas standing on each others' shoulders.

three-kobolds-in-a-cape.jpg

Remove ads