Mando season 3

Stalker0

Legend
Pretty solid episode, I do think this one tries to shore up a few outstanding concerns/questions:

• Does the cult not have ships (answer: no they don't)
  • Does the cult have any tactical prowess whatsoever? (answer: Apparently they do, at least some core military basics. ).;

The big thing in this one is the Armorer let Bo Katan take off her helmet. That is huuuuuuge. The Armorer is effectively admitting their way is not "the only way" or at least is not always the optimal path. Now its not her admitting that their cult ways aren't the best, but she is admitting that Bo Katan can do her job better is she has more freedom to walk her path.

It does make you wonder if that is going to cause any schism in the cult, as that is a huge lump of ego to have to swallow. But it does suggest that the Armorer sees the greater goal of "a united mandalore" as more important than the strict tenants of her beliefs, and that's a big character moment.

*Elia Kane has certainly wormed her way in deep in the New Republic
7gbqco.jpg

i may or may not have spent five mins making this

Ryujin

Legend
Pretty solid episode, I do think this one tries to shore up a few outstanding concerns/questions:

• Does the cult not have ships (answer: no they don't)
  • Does the cult have any tactical prowess whatsoever? (answer: Apparently they do, at least some core military basics. ).;

The big thing in this one is the Armorer let Bo Katan take off her helmet. That is huuuuuuge. The Armorer is effectively admitting their way is not "the only way" or at least is not always the optimal path. Now its not her admitting that their cult ways aren't the best, but she is admitting that Bo Katan can do her job better is she has more freedom to walk her path.

It does make you wonder if that is going to cause any schism in the cult, as that is a huge lump of ego to have to swallow. But it does suggest that the Armorer sees the greater goal of "a united mandalore" as more important than the strict tenants of her beliefs, and that's a big character moment.
I think it's more of an admission that they're dead, as a people, if they don't present a united front.

*Yay! Din's cult now has a home! But what about the baby raptor things? Will someone go back and get them?
I presume they'll have to go haul a bunch of stuff, including those.
I was fully expecting the Armorer to say that Bo-Katan and Din now had to duel for the darksaber. We'll have to see if/when that comes up again.
The Armorer (who will forever be "Hammer Lady" to me, but they did name her so I can't say I don't know lol) doesn't seem that interested in the Darksaber of late. With her giving papal dispensation for Bo Katan to take off her hat, it may be that she's open-minded as to how vital the Darksaber is - after all, it's not exactly a founding element of Mandalorian myth - they've been around for 10,000 years and it's only been around for 1000 years, even if it is a symbol of rulership.
Wookiepedia votes a resounding "yes" (by which I mean a screenshot from this episode is already the main picture for his entry and the episode has only been up a few hours).
I was slightly confused they didn't just address him by name, given it sounded and looked like him, but the credits cleared it up. They managed to get him to work okay in live action, which surprised me a bit.

Quite a revelation in the final episode of Bad Batch, I note. Spoiler blocking because this is a Mando thread and maybe not everyone immediately watches Bad Batch before/after Mando.

So there's at least one other female clone like Omega, and this one is an adult! Makes speculation re: Elia Kane go in both directions - slightly more likely because we have confirmation that others exist, but also less likely because it would mean Bad Batch and Mando were using the same plotline, which seems unlikely to be Filoni-approved. RIP Tech, you were the best clone, sucks, should have been Hunter, he's the most pointless (we didn't see a body but smashed goggles are like an 80% confirm).

pukunui

Legend
Yeah, hopefully. It would've been pointless to include them in episode 4 if there's no payoff later. I can see the cultists raising them to help defend Nevarro.

The Armorer (who will forever be "Hammer Lady" to me, but they did name her so I can't say I don't know lol) doesn't seem that interested in the Darksaber of late. With her giving papal dispensation for Bo Katan to take off her hat, it may be that she's open-minded as to how vital the Darksaber is - after all, it's not exactly a founding element of Mandalorian myth - they've been around for 10,000 years and it's only been around for 1000 years, even if it is a symbol of rulership.
Yeah, after this episode, I wonder how much of her strictness with the Way was just a means of survival. She and her cult have been in survival mode for ages, but now they've got Bo-Katan on-side and they've just earned themselves some territory that's out in the open. They don't have to hide in sewers or in caves on dangerous worlds any longer. So now she's turning her sights to loftier goals and is willing to be a bit more flexible with the rules.

I hope we get to find out the Armorer's story / identity before all this is over.

I was slightly confused they didn't just address him by name, given it sounded and looked like him, but the credits cleared it up. They managed to get him to work okay in live action, which surprised me a bit.
Yeah. I was pleasantly surprised too. Granted, he didn't really do anything. I doubt we'll see (much) more of him in The Mandalorian, but hopefully he'll reappear in Ahsoka.

pukunui

Legend
Thinking about this some more, it's obvious they didn't take the kids (like Ragnar Vizsla) with them to fight the pirates, so obviously they'll have to go back and get them (along with any adults they left behind to supervise the kids).

Something that amazes me is how the cult can afford to keep building the Armorer a new forge. That stuff's gotta be expensive. (I had previously assumed she'd packed up and carted the same forge from Nevarro to the ringworld to the desert cave but apparently not!)

Queen Bo and Prince Din: The power couple that reclaims Mandalore.
Technically Bo-Katan should be old enough to be Din's mother, but then neither of them really look their age. Bo-Katan should probably look older and Din younger. What's ironic, of course, is that Pedro Pascal is 5 years older than Katee Sackhoff. (At least with Anakin and Padme, their actors were both the same age.)

Last edited:

Technically Bo-Katan should be old enough to be Din's mother, but then neither of them really look their age. Bo-Katan should probably look older and Din younger. What's ironic, of course, is that Pedro Pascal is 5 years older than Katee Sackhoff. (At least with Anakin and Padme, their actors were both the same age.)

Poor Katee. They really aged her up to play Bo-Katan. In normal photos, she does not look nearly her real age of 42, but as Bo-Katan, she looks every bit of the mid-50s age of the character.

And estimates of Din's age put him at about 40, so Bo is not quite old enough to be his mother, barring unusual circumstances.

Very good episode however I can’t help but nitpick a little

Some of the scenes especially the mandalorians still feel like cosplay or stuff from power rangers and the running around with the citizens felt like a theater production and was a step below from 80’x movies of people screaming and running (there’s an allergy medicine commercial where people are running and screaming from an allergy plant monster and there’s a person just relaxing because they took the medicine) and it’s better than what I just saw
My favorite part was the x-wing pilot and the aliens scanner

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases