• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mari Kolkowsky (D&D Art Director) got laid off yesterday

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
No I didn't.

This was about this particular individual, not about the long list you posted there.

You posted about an individual. I asked whether your conclusion applied to everyone else laid off from WotC under similar circumstances, or just this one person. You haven't answered that yet.

Assuming you don't think that, the further question would then arise: why do you think this particular individual got laid off for poor performance, but not the others?

Regardless, I still feel your post was in extremely poor taste.

Wicht

Hero
Sadly, that probably means a bunch more layoffs coming in the next six weeks since much of the heavy lifting is done on the building of the new edition.

Now there is a slightly depressing, but likely accurate, indication of the nearness of any 5e release.

Derren

Hero
Now there is a slightly depressing, but likely accurate, indication of the nearness of any 5e release.

I wonder, was there also a wave of layoffs shortly before 3E and 4E was released? I mean even when the core books and rules are finished, you still need art and writers for the splatbooks, campaign guides, etc.

Wicht

Hero
I wonder, was there also a wave of layoffs shortly before 3E and 4E was released? I mean even when the core books and rules are finished, you still need art and writers for the splatbooks, campaign guides, etc.

I don't know about 3e, I get the feelings that the layoffs began in earnest about 2002. But I am pretty sure there was around or after the release of 4e.

Remove ads