Marking, bloodied etc.

Bayuer

First Post
Ok I was using many options but I don't have anything that fits my game. Maybe someone have made a some tokens etc for does conditions that are placed beneth figures? Or some better way of marking etc.

ebertran

First Post
I use tokens, but I make two sides, one side normal, the other side "bloodied."
Marks, I assign colors to the different PC's... Ranger green, Warlock red, Paladin white, and I have a tub I got at Office Max of colored magnets for $5.00 that does the trick.
For conditions, I posted some tokens earlier today down in this same forum...

Meek

First Post
I have these little filmy handkerchiefs in five different colors that I put over minis for marking of player-specific effects. It's stupid, but it's what I do!

Variss

Explorer
My group uses these magnetic markers from Alea Tools.

Alea Tools, Home of Magnetically Stackable Markers!

They are stackable and fairly cheap. They also make a metallic self-adhesive material for placing on the bottom of your figures so they attract the stack of markers.

Likewise, Gale Force Nine makes magnetic bases to replace the plastic ones that come with so many figures these days. These work well with the Alea magnetic markers.

The Gale Force Nine Store

GF9 also have tons of laser etched markers for other games that could be co-opted into Bloodied, like the blood droplet "Massive Wound" markers which should bring attention to the Bloodied friend or foe quite nicely.

The Gale Force Nine Store

Litko Aero also makes a line of laser-etched plastic markers for 4E. They also have some 3D markers for other types of table top games.

4E Tokens: Litko Aerosystems, Inc.

Hope that helps.

disarray2

First Post
I use the tokens that have already been posted and some that I have made myself. I've already posted the condition marks I made to this post apparently since it won't allow me to do so again. We use tiny labels we stick on the mini's heads sometimes as well.

Attachments

• markerplayers.pdf
    194.5 KB · Views: 338
  • marks1.pdf
    146.3 KB · Views: 262

darjr

I crit!
who makes the battlemat designed for magnets to stick to it?

I've seen pipe cleaners used to good affect. Bend them into a circle and place them over the mini's. At first they were supposed to drop down and surround the base, but eventually people would just hang them on the mini's.

Pipe cleaners come in a dizzying array of colors to boot.

Last edited:

Wraith Form

Explorer
We use tiny hair ties--very small-diameter elastic circlets--that we got at Target (if you have one nearby). They're considerably smaller than normal hair ties--they'd fit snugly around a pinky finger. Since they're elastic they stretch around weird-shaped or large minis. When we hang them on the minis, they look like little leis. This spawns endless, "He got lei'd" jokes. ;)

The bad thing is that these only come in three colors, so marking (and warlock curse effects, etc) is tricky--luckily they have a good number of blood red ones. :) We have to remember which mark is associated with which attacker. I'm toying with the idea of using permanant markers to individualize the hair ties so we can distinguish one "yellow mark lei" (for example) from another.

Last edited:

Turtlejay

First Post
We tried our first game with pipe cleaners today, and. . .I guess it wasn't spectacular. We were fighting a green dragon and the sheer amount of status effects on him and us became pretty distracting. Our current plan is to give the little rings to the players (who promptly put them on their fingers) but leave the marks on the enemies. That way we can tell which is marked, bloodied, etc.

I guess we will see how that works in larger fights, but so far I would call it less than ideal.

Jay

We use the Plastic Rings that come off the top of 16oz. Soda bottles...You can find them in all different colors...obvious ones Red-Coke, Green-Sprite, Brown-Root Beer, Clear-Water, Blue-Pepsi...the group goes out of its way to find weird drinks and colors... ;)

Remove ads