Marvel Studios Disney+ spot

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
So wanda-vision is going to be a sit-com/how many classic shows can we parady, until the Scarlett Witch goes completely nuts?
It certainly looks that way, 10 episodes apparently, so maybe 6-8 episodes of sit-com parodies until she finally cracks, her Vision is obscured and her Mind awakens

The Falcon and Winter Soldier apparently is a buddy-cop show and Loki involves Time Cops

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
So wanda-vision is going to be a sit-com/how many classic shows can we parady, until the Scarlett Witch goes completely nuts?

For the situation we see to arise, Scarlet Witch is already not mentally healthy. Given the comics precedent, that's, "I cannot stand to have yet another loved one ripped from me, so I create a little pocket universe where they still exist to escape into." So, while there may be some comedic aspects, I expect it to be a touch darker than just parodies of sitcoms.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It's based on the Dick Van Dyke show. They won't be parodying multiple series, imo.

The trailer has scenes that seem to be recreations of the sets and styles of The Dick van Dyke Show, I Love Lucy, The Brady Bunch, and Family Ties. So, yes, multiple series... all about "perfect family life", which is exactly what Wanda has never had.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Could be dire, could be inspirational. Depends HEAVILY on the quality of the writers, and if they bring their A game.

Agreed. The comics story they seem to be drawing inspiration from includes, of all things, Wanda having children by Vision. Which, of course, is impossible because Vision is not a biological organism.

here's the Synopsis: “WandaVision” blends the style of classic sitcoms with the Marvel Cinematic Universe in which Wanda Maximoff (Elizabeth Olsen) and Vision (Paul Bettany)—two super-powered beings living their ideal suburban lives—begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems. The new series is directed by Matt Shakman; Jac Schaeffer is head writer. "

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
Agreed. The comics story they seem to be drawing inspiration from includes, of all things, Wanda having children by Vision. Which, of course, is impossible because Vision is not a biological organism.
Well 'impossible'? We're talking comics here.
And if it is set in a mental construct, no reason they can't create kids mentally.

Remove ads