Marvel TV Schedule: what are you excited about?

pukunui

Legend
I think he's good in the role. I just think they've given him very little to work with.
This. I have no beef with JR, and I think he has good rapport with Scar Jo, but I agree he hasn’t had a lot to do aside from shoot arrows and get mind controlled by Loki and lose his whole family and stuff.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
This. I have no beef with JR, and I think he has good rapport with Scar Jo, but I agree he hasn’t had a lot to do aside from shoot arrows and get mind controlled by Loki and lose his whole family and stuff.
I really wish they had just taken the idea from My Life as a Weapon and had him buy a brownstone with reward money or his salary or pension or something. That was a really amazing series. Hopefully they'll pull a lot from it in the Hawkeye Disney+ series.

If they were going to drop Ms. Marvel this year, I feel like they would have said so by now.

Hawkeye and Ms Marvel wrapped filming within a couple of weeks of each other, in late April and early May. And both were teased as releasing in 2021. So either she is delayed or it will be a surprise announcement of an Oct 6th start date. They are both supposed to be 6 episodes long and need one week in between for the Making Of and the character refresher episodes to air in between the two series. And if it has been delayed to 2022, then using the same logic, Ms Marvel could start on Jan 12.

AmerginLiath

Adventurer
Chances are that Ms. Marvel will come out January 2022, which is as good as Late 2021 anyway amidst all the delays on productions during COVID. Unless there are fewer than six episodes in that series (WandaVision had nine shorter episodes to the six longer episodes of Falcon & the Winter Soldier and Loki — each series seems to be about six hours total) — even with the usual Making Of specials we see after series, could that one be four 80-minute episodes (that feels very “kid’s movie length”) within that month gap?

My real question regarding the 11/24 date for Hawkeye is (to dip into the Star Wars pool for a moment) what that means for the expected ”Christmas” date for The Book of Boba Fett (generally assumed to be Friday 12/24 since that note). Especially with all the Marvel shows coming out now, are ALL the Disney+ episodes dropping on Wednesday, or can we expect Friday to be Star Wars day to Wednesday’s Marvel day (such as we saw with Loki and Bad Batch)? That would surely effect the release date of possibly Ms. Marvel and certainly the others.

My real question regarding the 11/24 date for Hawkeye is (to dip into the Star Wars pool for a moment) what that means for the expected ”Christmas” date for The Book of Boba Fett (generally assumed to be Friday 12/24 since that note). Especially with all the Marvel shows coming out now, are ALL the Disney+ episodes dropping on Wednesday, or can we expect Friday to be Star Wars day to Wednesday’s Marvel day (such as we saw with Loki and Bad Batch)? That would surely effect the release date of possibly Ms. Marvel and certainly the others.

The Bad Batch had already started before they made the official change to Wed being the new Fri for releases. And since they made that announcement, every brand-new series has debuted on a Wed. Those were the new turner & Hooch show and the Monsters at Work show. So I will expect everything new to start on a Wed, until they say otherwise.

And if Ms Marvel does get pushed back to 2022, then it might be The Book of Boba Fett that starts on Jan 5 or 12, and then after that ends we will get Ms Marvel. That would also put the show a lot closer to the release date for The Marvels, which she is in.

Stalker0

Legend
I'm starting to feel like I'm the only person in the world who actually enjoys Jeremy Renner's performance as Hawkeye, and is looking forward to seeing more of him in a TV series.
For me the best Hawkeye was when they introduced his family, which gave him a distinctive niche compared to all the other avengers.

But ultimately yeah the movies just haven't done all that much with him, so it will be interesting to see how he looks with his own show.

But ultimately yeah the movies just haven't done all that much with him, so it will be interesting to see how he looks with his own show.

The show may be in his name, but I think we all know this is the "meet Kate Bishop" show. Plus there is already talk of another character on the show, Echo, getting their own Disney+ show. And if that character comes through that strongly, it makes the show seem even less about Hawkeye.

Remove ads