• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masks of Nyarlathotep [OOC]

Yellow Sign

Explorer
VB,
After looking over the insanity rules, I think we can do this one of two ways.

1. Have Carter committed somewhere for 1-6 game months. You could have a temp character fill in or make a new one as you wish.
Or just wait until he is cured, though with the globe trotting style of the game and the slowness of game time in a PBP. It could be awhile until he could come back.

2. You could keep playing Carter and roleplay the effects of the Night Terrors. Carter could be under the care of Father Joe, seeing that his is a psychologist.

It is up to you how you want to do it.

PS. Because this is your first instance of Mythos-related insanity, Carter gets 2 ranks of Cthulhu Mythos Skill.

:p

VorpalBunny

Explorer
If Toric has no objections, I'd like to put Professor Carter under Father Savino's care (it's time to take that +6 in Psychoanalysis out for a spin! :p).

This way Carter won't get lost when the party heads overseas, and he can (possibly) regain some sanity from psychotherapy at the same time. And it'll be fun to roleplay the effects of night terrors on Carter. ;)

[Edit: Added Mythos rank and updated sanity to character thread.]

Last edited:

Shapermc

First Post
First off - Welcome Back VB!!! Glad to see you ( I knew that you could not stay away ;))

Secondly - I am being forced to move. I have taken a week off next week to pack and get settled in. I will probabl not post between the 24th of this month untill the 3rd of next month. If you want to run shorty for that time that is fine with me. I just wanted to keep you all aware.

Again welcome back VB!

Shapermc

First Post
Damn! I am having problems with getting this site to work. It seems that I am able to sign in about 20% of the time and the rest I can not. The 20% that I can sign in I end up loosing what ever I post when the server disapears.

I am sorry about this.

Thanks for the wishes VB.

Shapermc

First Post
Well the move is done.
I almost have everything unpacked.
Still no phone.
Still no internet.
Work is backed up.
I have not read the IC thread yet.
I will post again when work is caught up, or I get the internet at home.
I expect this to happen no later than late next week.
Thanks for dealing with me.

-Regards

Yellow Sign

Explorer
Well the game has screached to a halt with Kitana and ShaperMC away. Let's just take a break until they come back. It will give us a breather and when everyone is back we can get started again. At this point we really need everyone together and planning your next actions! Is that ok with everyone?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads