• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Master of Jade, Mistress of Iron - a World of Conclave adventure

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: That's a good point for a pause. The party now has a ship and a crew, and a map to the white jade. And probably not a few enemies amongst powerful groups.

However, before we move on to the next chapter in this saga, it's time to level your characters up!

GlassEye

Adventurer
OOC: Excellent! Thinking on what I want to do. I'll get an update soon, hopefully Thursday but I've got a full day tomorrow and Friday.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Blue Eye Bellows, shaman

Blue bows to the ruler of House Turif before their exit. "Thank you, Lady."

[sblock=OOC]Level-up completed and marked in the Rogues Gallery thread.[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Blue Eye Bellows[/size]
Initiative: +1
AC: 14 (touch 11, flat-footed 13)
HP: 30 Current: 22 [15 nonlethal]
CMB: +4 CMD: 15 Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +5
Speed: 30 ft.

Current weapon in hand: spear
--Spear +4 (1d8+4 /x2)
Conditions in effect: none

Spirit's Advice: 5/5 remaining
Artificer's Touch: 5/5 remaining

Shaman Spells
1st level: 2/2 per day (DC 13)
animate rope, detect spirits, enlarge person, hunter's howl
0th level: unlimited (DC 12)
create water, detect magic, guidance, light, spark
[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: Yeah, any questions, use the OOC thread. As for money, there was some that Shem paid you all earlier, I can't recall how much off hand (I think 200 gp equivalent i.e. 20000 yen). Otherwise it's the ship, crew and credit for outfitting the voyage. You can assume that pretty much anything is available in Llaza.

Dr Simon

Explorer
The next day the group (Shem tags along too, even if not specifically invited) heads down to east dock to find the Shadow Lark. When they do, it's apparent that Lady C's generosity knows many bounds - the Lark is a plain looking two-masted junk that looks just barely large enough to be seaworthy. Amongst the crew working on deck are a burly Moa-Ruaki man, his broad belly exposed by his open vest and tattoos on half his face, and a tattered Ti-Kop fish-man (or woman perhaps, its hard for non-Ti-Kop to tell), his skin and crest scarred and torn.

Captain Ying is a bishonen kind of a man, tall and lithe with an androgenous mix of Nekuuese eyes and a rudderlike Asharan nose, straight black hair tied in a queue with a colourful scarf. He studies the affidavit with some amusement.

"So, the old lady's given us to you has she?" he says with a laugh. "Welcome aboard, your masterships. We are at your bidding. What's your destination?"

OOC: Voda and Mowgli, don't forget the levelling!

Voda Vosa

First Post
Hang

Hang walked up to the dock, assessing his new "belongings", his iron eyes sticking deep into each sailor. He evaluates the man before him. Charismatic, daring perhaps. A minor glitch in his left eye as he let out his bass voice rattle the bones of the captain. "Your assessment is accurate. Before we depart I want to know your names, your capabilities and let you know that time for slack is over. We'll turn this pile of garbage into a ship worthy of some pride. Perhaps the old tramp didn't care about some minor asset. Grave mistake. Now that this belongs to us, things will change." the warrior turns his head to see the reactions of his teammates before returning to the captain and his crew. "Well? Are you waiting a written invitation? Speak at once!"

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[section]

Mal leans casually on his bow as Hang dresses down the crew, grinning broadly. He twists his head back and forth, casually popping the bones in his neck, and looks expectantly at them, waiting for an answer to his friend's challenge.​
[/section]

[sblock=Actions/Rolls]--[/sblock]

Dr Simon

Explorer
Ying looks around at his crew and then back at Hang with one eyebrow raised.

"Ying Wu," he says, "Captain of this fair vessel." He indicates the Moa-Ruaki with a sweep of his arm. "Tara-Ki, first mate, and this," his arm moves round to the ti-kop, "is Kop, our bo'sun. And this sorry lot," he indicates the rest of the crew broadly, "are Ban, Muen, Legless Pai, Herek-tar, Copper Dann, Other Dann and Zarm of Crowsblood." You note that Legless Pai is possessed of both legs, the rest are a typical mongrel mix of men and women from across the world. "Don't underestimate the old Lark, sirs," adds Ying. "She may look scruffy but Tara-Ki keeps her as seaworthy as a Moa-Ruaki clan vessel."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads