• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Masters of the Universe

Pauln6

Hero
He Man is a challenge. I would probably just dispense with Adam like the original comics. Even She-hulk lost her alter ego eventually. One alternative might be the sword casting Tensers Transformation.

What about the others? Most of Skeletor's troops could be built using monster templates with special attacks. They tend to get reduced to zero hp often enough.

MarkB

Legend
He Man is a challenge. I would probably just dispense with Adam like the original comics. Even She-hulk lost her alter ego eventually. One alternative might be the sword casting Tensers Transformation.
I think it could be fun to have Adam level-up as a social-oriented character while He-Man levels as a combat-oriented character. Kind-of reminds me of the transformation power in Mutants & Masterminds where you can effectively have two completely different builds for the same character, and they transform between them.
What about the others? Most of Skeletor's troops could be built using monster templates with special attacks. They tend to get reduced to zero hp often enough.
Anything which was unique enough to get its own toy probably deserves a stat block. For the rest, just pick something appropriate from the NPCs list at the back of the Monster Manual or Volo's and throw a simple racial template on it.

Pauln6

Hero
I think it could be fun to have Adam level-up as a social-oriented character while He-Man levels as a combat-oriented character. Kind-of reminds me of the transformation power in Mutants & Masterminds where you can effectively have two completely different builds for the same character, and they transform between them.

Anything which was unique enough to get its own toy probably deserves a stat block. For the rest, just pick something appropriate from the NPCs list at the back of the Monster Manual or Volo's and throw a simple racial template on it.
Adam would probably have to be a beastmaster ranger. Maybe Cringer could be statted as a tiger with intelligence 10 while Battlecat could use one of the new stat blocks for a beast of the earth but with magical barding that casts enlarge so he can be a mount.

MarkB

Legend
Adam would probably have to be a beastmaster ranger. Maybe Cringer could be statted as a tiger with intelligence 10 while Battlecat could use one of the new stat blocks for a beast of the earth but with magical barding that casts enlarge so he can be a mount.
A good argument could be made for Paladin, with the effect on Cringer being a unique variant of Find Steed.

Pauln6

Hero
A good argument could be made for Paladin, with the effect on Cringer being a unique variant of Find Steed.
Some degree of refluffing is required but a level 4 ranger using the power sword to cast Tensers Transformation works pretty well. Add +8 to strength and constitution (you could use the conjured harness as a sort of variant girdle of giant strength) and you have a decent enough bare bones He-Man.

Cringer probably needs to start as a panther and then be polymorphed into a sabertooth tiger.

Pauln6

Hero
What kind of, if any armor would He-Man's pectoral be?
A level of Barbarian works best. If you pile on +8 Constitution to 22 his AC is equivalent to plate mail. In series 2 the transformation comes with magical breastplate armour. He does occasionally use a shield as well.

Remove ads