• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Masters of the Wild: First Impressions

Ysgarran

Gumby said:

Ability to Rage (?)

An interesting class, but I have no idea why Rage is a requirement.

Hah! The reason you have the rage requirement is so people wouldn't ask why this is in 'Masters of the Wild' (i.e. Barbarian) instead of 'Sword and First).

The probably wrote the prestige class first and someone asked why it belonged MotW. The solution was to add the rage ability...

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
The rage requirement isn't really that big of a deal for a Human, Half-Elf, Half-Orc, or Dwarf. Just take 1 level of Barbarian with your load of fighter levels. There, prerequisites met. And it's not like it's any worse than requiring an Arcane Archer to be able to cast 1st level spells. Raise your hand if your Arcane Archer has ever used their "Imbue Arrow" ability? Uh huh... that's what I thought. Especially since most (or even all) have only one level of Wizard.

The level of Wizard (or in this case, Barbarian) is mostly just seen a minor inconvenience on the road to getting into the prestige class.

Some PrCs have some wacky prerequisites. Just suck it up. I mean, seriously... how many Dwarven Defenders do you know that really benefited from the extra 3 HPs from Toughness.

My point exactly. :cool:

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Speaking of Toughness, what about these dragon/giant Toughness Feats? Are they like improved version of Toughness?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Cool! :) *thinks he'd like to see like a couple zombies with THAT many HP*

How about Extra Favored Enemy, Favored Critical, Greater Resiliency,Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Power Critical, and Supernatural Blow?

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Nightfall said:
Cool! :) *thinks he'd like to see like a couple zombies with THAT many HP*

How about Extra Favored Enemy, Favored Critical, Greater Resiliency,Greater Two-Weapon Fighting, Power Critical, and Supernatural Blow?

[Sarcastic] How about you buy the book? [/Sarcastic] :p

(C'mon... asking for a few things from the book is one thing. Asking for the whole feat section is another.)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads