Votes: 15 13.0%

Votes: 13 11.3%

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • 10 or more

Votes: 6 5.2%

SirAntoine

Banned
Banned
One interesting thing to note is that the number of votes for 4 players is actually very small. 3rd Edition set the standard for the game to 4 players, and I always thought that must be the case.

I voted for 10 or more. I believe the game is certainly practical with that many players, provided you have enough space and the room isn't too loud. I normally would prefer a large group, certainly as a DM but also as a player. 6 or more players is generally what I'd say is ideal.

aramis erak

Legend
My experiences with 5E are that 7p is about as many as I'd care for, tho' adding a harlequin or two might up that to 12p.

In any game, I've found that the style of play has to change between 6 and 9 players (and I've run games with up to 13p).

practicalm

Explorer
I've been fortunate enough to run a gaming group at my church and we have about 12 players and the number of players that show up any given session can be from 2 to 12. Makes planning harder but the group is a bunch of first time players as well as a few veterans. Players have come in and out as their time allows. I would like to divide the group up but there is not anyone who wants to take on GM duties.

I just wish I had more time to play myself.

Remove ads