MCDM monster book “Flee Mortals!” KS is live!

dave2008

Legend
Not sure if it is the best yet or not - the 234MB PDF takes a long time for pages to load. Sorry to rant, but I hate when professional companies don't optimize their PDFs. It is very user unfriendly so far. It takes 2-3 seconds for a page to load in the PDF.:mad:

EDIT: OK, Still not through the dragons yet, but so far not overly impressed. It is a fine book, but doesn't stand out to me. My own dragon designs are more interesting and I'm guess I will have similar feelings about a lot of the book. So afar I think LevelUp is a better 5e monster book. Also, I think villain actions are less interesting than legendary actions.

Last edited:

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
EDIT: OK, Still not through the dragons yet, but so far not overly impressed. It is a fine book, but doesn't stand out to me. My own dragon designs are more interesting and I'm guess I will have similar feelings about a lot of the book. So afar I also think LevelUp is a better 5e monster book. Also, I think villain actions are lest interesting than legendary actions.
I want to fast forward to when we can put the 2024 Monster Manual, Flee Mortals, the Level Up monster book and ToV's Monster Vault side by side and compare them. I don't have the desire (or space) for all of them, and would love to get detailed comparisons to get the right ones for me.

dave2008

Legend
I want to fast forward to when we can put the 2024 Monster Manual, Flee Mortals, the Level Up monster book and ToV's Monster Vault side by side and compare them. I don't have the desire (or space) for all of them, and would love to get detailed comparisons to get the right ones for me.
I want them all!

Retreater

Legend
I believe this product is officially the last 5e-compatible product I've purchased. Probably will never see use either, because I'm sick of the system.
Likely once it's printed and delivered, it's just going into storage with the rest of my 5e collection.

dave2008

Legend
I believe this product is officially the last 5e-compatible product I've purchased. Probably will never see use either, because I'm sick of the system.
Likely once it's printed and delivered, it's just going into storage with the rest of my 5e collection.
I don't think I will get much use out of this book myself; however, I think 5e (or our homebrew variant at least) is our evergreen edition of D&D for us. Never had more fun playing the game. Good luck with whatever other system you're playing!

mamba

Legend
You could go with PDFs ;)

In any case, I would be surprised if no discussion like that popped up

Retreater

Legend
Good luck with whatever other system you're playing!
It's the wild blue yonder for me. I need to get some fresh experiences beyond 5e. I've seen nearly every class and ancestry combination. I've run nearly every published adventure. It's gotten so boring and repetitive to me. I can't even write original content because functional tools don't exist.

Remove ads