D&D 5E Meet Hercules, The Mightiest Demigod!

The mighty Hercules (or Heracles) is an iconic Greek hero, and a true mythological figure. Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters, coming soon to Kickstarter, compiles Mike Myler's fantastic column here on EN World, with brand new art in a gorgeous full-colour book.

The mighty Hercules (or Heracles) is an iconic Greek hero, and a true mythological figure. Mythological Figures & Maleficent Monsters, coming soon to Kickstarter, compiles Mike Myler's fantastic column here on EN World, with brand new art in a gorgeous full-colour book.

Screen Shot 2020-04-07 at 6.39.29 PM.png

blink blink your brain is interesting with its pattern recognition friend ... that is significantly outside my humor.
My dyslexia doesnt have a bias toward sexual things if thats what you're getting at. This was highly unusual. Its not biased against that either though so inevitably, sometimes the inaccuracies just line up to produce something ridiculous.

gyor

Legend
Interesting note, Hecules can be found in Buddhism as a protector of the Buddha. This is because the Greco-Indian Kingdom and Greco-Bactian Kingdom had a lot of Greek Monks, and elements of Ancient Greek religion found their way into Buddhaism and Hinduism (like Greek Astrology). In fact it's believed it was Greek Buddhist Monks who brought Buddhism to China.

Interesting note, Hecules can be found in Buddhism as a protector of the Buddha. This is because the Greco-Indian Kingdom and Greco-Bactian Kingdom had a lot of Greek Monks, and elements of Ancient Greek religion found their way into Buddhaism and Hinduism (like Greek Astrology). In fact it's believed it was Greek Buddhist Monks who brought Buddhism to China.
Now that...is incredibly interesting.

Do you have a good book recommendation for me to dig into that a bit more? Im fascinated.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Oooh that is a savory bit. Bodhisattva? (Transcendent World Protector)

gyor

Legend
Now that...is incredibly interesting.

Do you have a good book recommendation for me to dig into that a bit more? Im fascinated.

"Heracles became Vajrapani, guardian of Sakyamuni. There is a wealth of material and studies on the subject... to explain how Heracles went from being a purely classical Greek figure to being a guardian god in the Buddhist pantheon." HSING, I-TIEN, and WILLIAM G. CROWELL. “Heracles in the East: The Diffusion and Transformation of His Image in the Arts of Central Asia, India, and Medieval China.” Asia Major, vol. 18, no. 2, 2005, pp. 103–154. JSTOR, [www.jstor.org/stable/41649907]"

From Wikipedia. Vajrapani has also been connected to Zeus.

"Heracles became Vajrapani, guardian of Sakyamuni. There is a wealth of material and studies on the subject... to explain how Heracles went from being a purely classical Greek figure to being a guardian god in the Buddhist pantheon." HSING, I-TIEN, and WILLIAM G. CROWELL. “Heracles in the East: The Diffusion and Transformation of His Image in the Arts of Central Asia, India, and Medieval China.” Asia Major, vol. 18, no. 2, 2005, pp. 103–154. JSTOR, [www.jstor.org/stable/41649907]"

From Wikipedia. Vajrapani has also been connected to Zeus.
YES! BRAIN FOOD! Thankyou.

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads