Mellubb's Xen'drik Heroes

frostrune

First Post
Not quite content to give up on the diplomacy just yet Dreth shouts again to our unseen adversaries...

"Impressive, but I think you'll find us a tougher match. It doesn't have to come to that however."

"We are seeking something. I'm afraid we cannot return until we find it. If you help us to find it our task will be done quicker and we will be gone."

"I would know who we treat with before speaking more openly however. Can we stop shouting into the darkness now? Show yourselves that we may talk like civilized beings."

OCC: Don't have Dreth's RG link handy but I know he has a decent Diplomacy and Intimidate and a ridiculous Bluff skill. He trying to lure at least one out where he can see him to determine the following.

WHat are we dealing with? Giants, drow, hobgoblins? If the latter we can probably expect a fight and Dreth will lie his @ss off to allow us to slip away and regroup. If it is a creature he can charm he will continue to negotiate and may give that a go to see if they can tell us about the kids. If it is not something he can charm (like a giant) we will need to tread more carefully. We can't rile them too much as we probably can't handle a tribe of giants.

In short, I need to know what I'm dealling with to process the next step. Unless it comes to blows...

Mellubb

First Post
The grunting that you heard before has turned to chittering. The voice replies back "You no hurt Whitefoot?" as finishes his statement a kobold enters the camp. "Why you come here?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Honor, AC 20 (T11, FF19), HP 74/74, F +11,R+3,W+10

Honor quietly uses his "Jundgement Glare" on the kobold. He will not negotiate with evil creatures.

frostrune

First Post
Mellubb said:
The grunting that you heard before has turned to chittering. The voice replies back "You no hurt Whitefoot?" as finishes his statement a kobold enters the camp. "Why you come here?"

Dreth smiles politely as the small creature finally emerges into the flickering firelight. While all of you know Dreth is well mannered and overly polite the more perceptive of you may detect an underlying hint of arrogance, as if sayiing 'all too easy'.

"Well met Whitefoot," he bows gracefully. "I am Dreth... and these are my stalwart trail companions. Forgive us for trespassing but we are seeking a band of hobgoblins said to lair near here. An old mine perhaps?"

"If you could assist us with this we would quickly be on our way?"

OOC: He will be gauging the kobold's reaction to this information very closely. He is seeking a hunch as to the relationship these kobolds may have with the hobgoblins: friendly or adversarial or neutral. This will color his further statements of our intentions. Remember he is a damn good liar. ;)

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Honor, AC 20 (T11, FF19), HP 74/74, F +11,R+3,W+10

Honor waits patiently for other creatures to appear, ready to purge the world from their vileness. As he hears the grunting, chittering and barking...
[sblock=ooc]Did the first voice sounded like a kobold, too? Perhaps they have only send a slave or something.[/sblock]

Remove ads