• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Menace of the Icy Spire (Ozymandias79 judging)

changer

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I guess Darwin/Larinza is still on Hiatus? Should we all retreat to the dinning room or stay in the stair area?

[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]

Shorrin's about to scream to move to that dining area if people don't start moving lol. No point in a party wipe when we only really need/have to risk one person. It would go against his nature to NOT be the last on into the dining area.

Summary: Move your asses.

[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
I've been reading the map all wrong! I thought Larinza was one square south, which would have been under cover of the balcony. Well, this just screws up all my plans.
[/sblock]

Larinza shouts, "Come on, Shorrin - I know it's cold, but you're not cold-blooded!" and shakes him by the shoulder. Seeing that he is still resolutely covering her retreat, she retreats under the balcony without waiting to see whether he responds.

The shardling that still lurks in the fireplace advances on Balth, and stabs down with an icy shard that tips its left arm. Balth jumps back and the shard punches through the top of the table. The other shardling steps forward out of the doorway and stabs at Shorrin, barely missing.

[sblock=Status]
Balth takes a Second Wind.

Shorrin attacks Raider 1 with Tide of Iron, missing, fails his save vs. slow, but makes his save vs immobilized. (10 is a success.)

Larinza uses Heal on Shorrin: Heal on Shorrin (1d20+7=21) This grants him a new saving throw. She moves to G2, and rolls her own save: Save vs Slow (1d20=17) Success.

The fireplaces do not recharge: Fireplace recharge (1d6=2, 1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=3)

Shardling 1 charges to H7 and attacks Balth: Ice Shard vs Balth (w/+1 for charging) (1d20+5+1=13) Miss.
The doors at C6 and G6 are open, all others are closed.

Shardling 4 moves to D6 and attacks Shorrin: Invisible Castle went down after rolling the last attack, so I can't link to it. 19: miss by 12.

Murphy's turn! Also, Shorrin gets a save, which he can roll anytime.

20 - Janus (10/22 hp + 8 thp, +3 to all defenses until EONT, +1 afterwards)
23 - Ice Warrior Raider 1 at D5 (14 damage, marked by Shorrin)
8 - Ice Warrior Raider 2 at G3 (48 damage)
19 - Ice Warrior Frostling at G3 (0 damage, used Icy Burst, cold creatures within 5 squares gain Regeneration 2)
19 - Ice Warrior Icicle Hurler 1 at A6 (19 damage)
7 - Ice Warrior Icicle Hurler 2 at D3 (0 damage)
17 - Balth (18/27 hp + 8 thp, +3 to all defenses until EONT, +1 to all defenses afterwards)
12 - Shorrin (21/33 hp + 8 thp, +1 to all defenses, slowed (save ends))
8 - Larinza (12/29 hp, +2 to all defenses until EONT, allies in LOS who spend an action point regain 4 hp)
8 - Ice Warrior Shardling 1 at J10 (0 damage)
8 - Ice Warrior Shardling 2 at J1 (1 damage)
8 - Ice Warrior Shardling 3 at A4 (7 damage)
8 - Ice Warrior Shardling 4 at C6 (0 damage)
5 - Murphy (26/26 hp + 8 thp, +1 to all defenses, Warlock's Curse on Raider 1)
[/sblock]

2mngjnt.png

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
The funny thing is, if you check my roll history, I also rolled for Shorrin - I originally posted saying, "Shorrin gets a free save, which I'll roll right now because Larinza's action will depend on the result." And I also rolled a natural 1.

Then I realized Larinza was exposed so she'd be retreating whether Shorrin succeeded or failed, so I decided to ignore my 1 and let you roll yourself. But I guess IC considered that cheating...
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Murphy hears the sounds of battle still ongoing from his location, catching his breath the warlock rushes out and sees Shorrin beset by a pair of enemies. He points his rod at the uncursed of the two, the same type of creature that he previously destroyed.

Following that up he fires a purple beam at the enemy on the stairs, but his blast is nowhere near his target.

[sblock=OOC]
Move: to F2 (activate shadow walk/concealment)
Minor: Curse Shardling at D6 (1 Damage)
Standard: Eldritch Blast on Raider at D5vs ref; damage; curse (1d20 6=8, 1d10 5=8, 1d6=6) Miss. Hmmm....second 2 in a row.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Murphy stat block]Murphy Tang- Male (Human) Warlock 1
Passive Perception: 10, Passive Insight: 12
AC:16, Fort:12, Ref:15, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:26/26, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges Per-Day 7/8
Initiative +1
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Eldritch Blast, Eyebite, Change Shape, Witchfire, Armor of Agathys
[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads