D&D 5E Mere of Dead Men in 5E?

So the old adventure path from Dungeon magazine 1998/99 I'm thinking Dragon of Ice Spire Peak then this AP.
Has anyone run it for 5E failing that 2E or anything else?

No, but I say go for it. Converting adventures from what they written for to the edition you run is quite possible and fun, if you have the time.

And Mere of Dead Men is mostly good.

The Beyond Icespire trilogy takes place (mostly) in Leilon and has some encounter in the Mere. I don't know the adventure path you speak of, but I'm sure you could incorporate it with content from BIT if desired.

Greenwheat

Explorer
So the old adventure path from Dungeon magazine 1998/99 I'm thinking Dragon of Ice Spire Peak then this AP.
Has anyone run it for 5E failing that 2E or anything else?
Someone on Reddit did do a 5E port of the Eye of Myrkul module from Dungeon #73, which is the culmination of the five modules starting in #69.

KoolMoDaddy-O

Explorer
It's on my to-do list to run a 5e conversion of my chapter, "Slave Vats of the Yuan-ti," with my group but haven't done it yet. Most of the monsters can be swapped for their 5e iterations, although the numbers of enemies in a given encounter probably should be modified. I suspect that once you hit the cellars, the battles become wildly unbalanced. For the jermlaine, I would use swarms instead of individuals but the lack of humanoid swarms in 5e is a problem; the closest are swarms of gremishkas from Van Richten's. For the megalomen g1, g2, and g3, I plan to use half-ogres, goliath warriors, and goliath giant-kin respectively.

Slave Vats 5e Monster Conversions.png

Very interested in how it goes if you run it.

Remove ads