D&D 5E [Merged] D&D Next/5E Release Schedule Threads

Thaumaturge

Wandering. Not lost. (He/they)
So, 5e basically releases on November 19th when you have access to the PHB/MM/DMG? Kind of hard to create your own stuff until then. I do find this publishing schedule kind of weird, but oh well, doesn't really matter. I will just wait a bit longer.

From Mearls on twitter: ". [MENTION=11642]Wild[/MENTION]mikebennett PH/MM/DMG releases were split because stacking them causes big quality issues, a la the 4e errata. Too much work at once."

So I think they made the right call. I'd rather wait and have less errata.

Thaumaturge.

Mercurius

Legend
I'm not upset about the Starter Set (probably) not having chargen; that said, I would have preferred to pay $5 more for a few pages of chargen and class advancement.

Of course the PHB is coming out just a month later, so we'll have all the chargen we want.

Osgood

Adventurer
I'm not sure why it's news worthy that "Next" or "5th Edition" don't appear on the cover... look at your 3.0 and 4E books: Only 2nd Edition and 3.5 felt to need to put their edition info on the cover.

Plageman

Explorer
Looking at the selection from the Dragon's Eye View, it appears to be combo of 7 and 18.

Works for me, I guess. I can't really expect them to go back to the classic version.

The vote placed the 18, 7 and classic 2e logo in 2nd, 3rd and 4th place respectively totalling 38.6 percent of the votes. and while the 4E logo had 20% of the votes it's logic that they instead went with an updated version of the classic ampersand since they wanted to go back to that place.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not sure why it's news worthy that "Next" or "5th Edition" don't appear on the cover... look at your 3.0 and 4E books: Only 2nd Edition and 3.5 felt to need to put their edition info on the cover.

So half of them, then?

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Can anyone artistically inclined enlarge that new D&D logo and sharpen it up?
FYI Mashable released an article on D&D's new logo http://mashable.com/2014/05/19/dung...:eyJzIjoidCIsImkiOiJfcjVkcXg1YXZ6YTBma291eSJ9

NEW-DD-Logo.png

ampersand-dnd.jpg

Remove ads