D&D Movie/TV Michelle Rodriguez, Justice Smith Join D&D Movie

From Comic Book Movies -- "Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar) and Justice Smith (Detective Pikachu) have joined Wonder Woman 1984's Chris Pine in Paramount and eOne's upcoming big-budget board game adaptation, Dungeons & Dragons..." https://www.comicbookmovie.com/fantasy/dungeons-dragons-michelle-rodriguez-and-justice-smith-join-chris-pine-in-fantasy-adaptation-a182313#gs.sfctbx We learned in...

From Comic Book Movies -- "Michelle Rodriguez (Avatar) and Justice Smith (Detective Pikachu) have joined Wonder Woman 1984's Chris Pine in Paramount and eOne's upcoming big-budget board game adaptation, Dungeons & Dragons..."

Michelle_Rodriguez_Cannes_2018_cropped.jpg

We learned in December about Chris Pine's involvement, along with directors Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley.

Azzy

ᚳᚣᚾᛖᚹᚢᛚᚠ
Such things exist here and there.
Tinker gnomes and their creations are a normal part of Krynn. Alphatian Airships and gnomish technology are a normal part of Mystara. A magic-infused nuclear reactor lies at the hear of one of the Mystaran nations. A crashed spaceship and its robot guardians are a big part of Blackmoor.

You were saying?

Zardnaar

Legend
Tinker gnomes and their creations are a normal part of Krynn. Alphatian Airships and gnomish technology are a normal part of Mystara. A magic-infused nuclear reactor lies at the hear of one of the Mystaran nations. A crashed spaceship and its robot guardians are a big part of Blackmoor.

You were saying?

Mystara is very obscure now, Krynns tech gnomes are a small part of the world. And they're also specific settings so they're opt in.

In both cases the generic level is ye olde renaissance faire.

Personally I don't mind it myself I bought and enjoy Eberron. But I wouldnt include those aspects on a D&D movie.

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
Mystara is very obscure now, Krynns tech gnomes are a small part of the world. And they're also specific settings so they're opt in.

In both cases the generic level is ye olde renaissance faire.

Personally I don't mind it myself I bought and enjoy Eberron. But I wouldnt include those aspects on a D&D movie.
I hear lots of new guard make artificer and do not play eberron so it would not be impossible.

Scribe

Legend
I hear lots of new guard make artificer and do not play eberron so it would not be impossible.

I do wonder about that, how accepted some of the classes/subclasses are. We have threads about other race options being disallowed, but I havent seen one about classes.

Personally, I dont like a most of the Artificer subclasses (Armorer, Artillerist, Battle Smith) at all thematically, and dont include it in my setting.

Mind of tempest

I do wonder about that, how accepted some of the classes/subclasses are. We have threads about other race options being disallowed, but I havent seen one about classes.

Personally, I dont like a most of the Artificer subclasses (Armorer, Artillerist, Battle Smith) at all thematically, and dont include it in my setting.
what is your settings thematics?

Scribe

Legend
and an artificer compromise that how?
I dont like the concept of fully magical suits of armour blasting at people, or guns, or some construct running around with you at low levels.

I'm not big on Warforged either. Like I get it for that setting, but thats not what I'm about.

EDIT: Its more a steampunk type vibe, if that makes sense? Which is cool and all, just not what I'm looking for.

Mind of tempest

I dont like the concept of fully magical suits of armour blasting at people, or guns, or some construct running around with you at low levels.

I'm not big on Warforged either. Like I get it for that setting, but thats not what I'm about.

EDIT: Its more a steampunk type vibe, if that makes sense? Which is cool and all, just not what I'm looking for.
do you not know of Talos the colossus? that was a greek myth.
plus why does any of what you say mess with your thematics in any way?

Remove ads

Remove ads