• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Misery in Mordent

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Karthak rounds the building and charges straight at the giant snake swinging his axe with great skill.

OOC:
Initiative 15 + 2 DEX Bonus = 17

To Hit Roll 19 +16BAB = Total To Hit Roll = 35
POSSIBLE CRIT!!! (Improved Crit Feat w/ Greataxe)
Melee Attack Bonus w/ +1 Greataxe: +16/+11
I am assuming that I will only get to attack once due to the distance I have to cover. If I am wrong, I will roll for the second attack. Just let me know.

Crit Roll 5 +16 = Total Crit Roll = 21

If this is not a critical hit then this will be the damage:
d12 Greataxe Damage Roll #1 = 6
d6 Fire Damage Roll #1 = 1
d4 Dirty Fighting Feat Roll #1 = 4
Total Damage 6+1+4+9= 20 Total Damage +1 if Magic Weapon Bonus is added to damage then Total = 21

If this is a critical hit then ug...here we go. Took me a while to get all the rolls and make it look somewhat pretty and easy to read here.
I do not know if I get to add the dirty fighting feat and fire damage multiple times. I rolled it all just in case. If you want to change the damage, I broke it down so should be easy to figure. Anyway...

Greataxe Damage Roll #2 = 2
Greataxe Damage Roll #3 = 11
Fire Damage Roll #2 = 5
Fire Damage Roll #3 = 6
Dirty Fighting Feat Roll#2 = 2
Dirty Fighting Feat Roll#3 = 1
Total Damage with all of these rolls is 65 Total +3 if Magic Weapon Bonus is added to damage Total 68
Damage with 3 Greataxe Base Damage Rolls w/ standard damage bonuses(+9) and only the first roll for Fire Damage & Dirty Fighting Feat is 51Total +3 if Magic Weapon Bonus is added to damage Total 54

I couldnt remember if a +1 weapon adds to the damage. If it does, then add +1 to the damage if its a non-critical hit and +3 if it is a critical hit.
I hope I can get close enough to even attack on this round...if not, then ...well...nevermind. :p Unless of course I can use this for next round. :D

If I screwed anything up here, sorry, had a bunch of rolls and hyperlinks to get me all confused. :confused:

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Sir Drevan Whiteshield: (Male/Human/Fighter 4/Knight of the Crown 4)

Drevan’s Initiative: 5

Drevan joins the brothers as he runs towards the snake like beast. When the brothers split up he fallows Osric figuring the other brother will need room to operate. To all within earshot he will shout, “Keep the beast away from the people of the village!”

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Aesa Frostdancer: (Female/Human/Ranger/Bard)

Aesa's Initiative?: Web roll not working... :( (Snipehunt can roll if he wants too)

Aesa still in somewhat dissemblance of dress fallows quickly to catch up and when she reaches the tavern wall she will fan out to the side of it to allow other a place to run by her more easily and to also get a better angle on the best. Once set she’ll bring her bow to bear upon the beast.

OOC: My people should be back together next round, or do you want all actions by initiative?

Last edited:

Mithreander

Explorer
Code:
|f|f|f|f| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | | |t|t|t|t|t|t| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | | |t|t|t|t|t|t| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | |D|t|t|t|t|t|t| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |w|
| | | | | | | |A|t|t|t|t|t|t| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |w|
| | | | | | |I| |t|t|t|t|t|t| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |w|
| | | | | | | |x|d|t|t|t|t|t| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |w|
| | | | | | |H|x|d|t|t|t|t|t| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | |K|O|t|t|t|t|t|t| | | | |V|V| | | | | | | | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | |x|t|t|t|t|t|t| | | | |V|V| | | | | |s| | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | | |x|x|x|x|B| | | | | | | |1| | | | |s| | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |2| | | | | |s| | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | | | | | | | | | |s| | | | | | | | | | | | |w| 
|f|f|f|f| | | | | | | | | | | | |s| | | | | | | | | | | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | | | | | | | | | | | |s| | | | | | | | | | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | | | | | | | | | | | | |s| | | | | | | | | |w|
|f|f|f|f| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |m| | | | | | | |w|

square=5’
f=forest               H=Horatio
w=water (river)        O=Osric
t=tavern               I=Ivar
d=door                 D=Drevan
s=soldier              A=Aesa
m=Monat                B=Baldor
V=monster (10’)        K=Karthak

initiative: 7

Baldor, hearing the comotion, and knowing trouble when he hears it moves tourds the trouble, weapon and shield at a ready. Not getting as close as he would like to throw his hammer, Baldor waits for a better opertunity.

Snipehunt

First Post
Round 1

Ivar runs to the corner of the building, and calmly appraises the situation, but . . .

Karthak, with a vastly different temperament, charges forward to the belly of the beast. However, it is too far for him to strike this round (Use that as your first attack nest round, unless . . .

Aesa (Init. 14) runs around the corner of the buildling, and takes position with her bow, ready to fire except . . .

Horatio begins to sing, summoning courage and strength with a well-known (in his land) ballad of a dragon slayer who, against impossible odds, destroyed a great red wyrm terrorizing the lands. However, in the middle of a line describing the dragon as "Old as the water deep underground/ Dark, dark red as a Moonstar found," he sees the creatures, and . . .

Drevan and Osric charge forward at almost the same instant, inspired to great deeds by Horatio's song. As they round the corner, however, they . . .

see a monstrous creation. A huge snake-creature, rings of red, black, and yellow alternating down it's flanks, menaces the soldiers of Thristleton. A horribly enlarged and misplaced human head sits like a pumpkin atop the neck of the creature, but a head with the slitted, perfectly round eyes of a snake, long, needle-sharp fangs, a long forked tongue, and a shock of bright-red hair falling in long, loose braids down its back. Rearing, it turns yellow-green eyes at the charging companions.

As if this were not horrible enough, they see two shriveled arms with perfectly formed human hands jutting from the body. In a grotesesque parody of human emotion, the hands rub together in what would be nervousness in a human, but must mean something else entirely to this creature.

Then it speaks, in the pathetic, wavering voice of a human child, saying "Why doesn't anybody place nice with me?"

This horrific spectacle reaches deep into the soul of everyone; however, the adrenalin of combat overcomes the horror somewhat. Make a DC12 will save (fear), add the +2 from the song o' courage.

Mithreander

Explorer
Will save: 17

Next round, Baldor moves close enough to throw his hammer at the creature, shaking off the fear that he would feel and answers "I'll play with ye, kid. Here, catch!"

Attack (1d20+10): 24
Damage (1d8+6): 13

Jarval

Explorer
Horatio's Will Save: 17
Osric's Will Save: 17

Horatio maintains his song, his voice wavering for only a moment as he first sights the abomination in front of him. Drawing his rapier, he continues his plan to flank the creature, striding confidently towards a better position.

Osric, like his brother, is briefly shocked by the creature's foul appearance, but his honed warrior's nerves carry him on. Closing with the beast, he slashes with all the force he can muster, hoping to end this fight as quickly as possible.

(Osric's attack roll: 28 (natural 19, Critical threat), Critical confirmation: 23, Damage: 11 (+10 if a critical hit).)

Thrarn Iranorn

First Post
Will Save 14 + 6 Bonus = 20

Karthak seems unfazed by the beasts hideous appearance. Nothing could be more ugly than the hag that took his son. Charging forward he swings his axe in an attempt to end this havoc now.

OOC: If you want me to make a different attack roll and not use the one I posted before, let me know.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Sir Drevan Whiteshield: (Male/Human/Fighter 4/Knight of the Crown 4) and Cohort

Sir Drevan Will Save: 10
Aesa Will Save: 16

Aesa attack: 12 I doubt I need damage but: 7

OOC: I still hate this dice rolling program and the links needed for it, but I'm having a better day in general today. If you have no issues with rolling real dice for me I have no issues with that. :)

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads