• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

MMII has a chain golem!

Devon

First Post
I found art for a Chain Golem in the artwork section of Wizards' page devoted to the Monster Manual II.

I wonder how close it will be to the chain golem I created.

In fact, I feel a little violated...

- Devon

Last edited:

Frog Slime

First Post
Hey, that's what happens when you make your creature's so darned cool.

You should make your creatures useless, like mine.

And now you know.

And knowing, my friend, is half the battle.

Boing, boing.

(The Frog Slime, on pain medication tonight.)

Krishnath

First Post
Devon: Are you sure it's a chain golem on the picture? I Downloaded the MM2 Web Enhancement (The one with the addition to the Haöf-Golem template.) and it made no mention of half-chain golems.

Just a thought.

Devon

First Post
Yeah, this was actually in the Artwork section, not in the Web Enhancements section. There are no stats on the website, so I won't know how close it'll be until I look at the printed book.

- Devon

Krishnath

First Post
In that case I must apologise, although there where no names when I checked the MM2 gallery, but then again, that was on the first day it was up.

That makes one wonder what a Half-chain golem would look like... :D

Devon

First Post
No worries, Krishnath -- it's sometimes hard to find things on the Wizards site.

As for the half-Chain Golem, I imagine it would resemble a Kyton of some sort, except with chains coming from its forearms. :)

In fact, it could easily be something an evil priest/Master of the Chains, worshipping such devils, would have created.

On the other hand, a Chain Golem wouldn't really be a Golem in the traditional sense, since Chains aren't a pure element -- I mean, they are purely metal, but they don't have the elemental purity of Earth, Flesh, BOne, et al. It's weird. I'd put them more in the category of Automaton than a pure Golem. Im really on the fence now that I've thought aloud about it.

- Devon

Last edited:

Remove ads