Mods: Thread scheduled for demolition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Jack Haggerty said:

Oops, must have missed that...

Well, unless someone else REALLY wants to play, I'll put in a request for the cleric. I never get to play clerics.

I'll count you in as the cleric if Lichtenhart turns down the chance to play, which would make turtle our "Wizard-type". If Lichtenhart is planning to play, he's got the choice between the two types of spell casters at this point. :)

Lichtenhart

First Post
Jack, will you forgive me? :(

Mark, everything it's OK for me. If turtle doesn't mind I'll go with the cleric type. I'll wait for some info about gods and domains available. ;)

"Magic rare" is good, but can you briefly describe your setting?
I meant something like "big struggle between good and evil" or " massive warfare against legions of orcs" or "deadly political intrigues" or again "brave explorers of unknown lands". So I can start thinking about the character. :D

Gotta read my posts, my friend. Gotta read my posts...
Sorry, I missed it :eek:

Last edited:

Mark

Jack Haggerty said:
Not that I think it'll be a problem, but... Are you going to have any restrictions on alignment, deities, etc?

Tch, tch, tch... :D

Mark said:
...I'd add a few restrictions though...

No Evil or Chaotic characters.

I do have my own pantheon of Deities but choosing one from the PH, and then me giving the closest approximation from my own setting, will be the best way to go, I think. Same thing for background, really. Once we have four players chosen, we'll work out the stats, then based on those I'll put together a cursory background for each (family, place of birth, general knowledge of that area, etc.). Once the players have seen those, they can then develop the initial personalities. When I've seen those, we'll tweak the background a bit more to give more detail and depth of initial knowlegde of the setting based on those characters and their personalities. We'll hash those out a little more based on the player input and then we'll get it started. Sound good? :)

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
One question:

A common house rule I've seen (and use) is having the Dodge feat give a flat +1 Dodge bonus to AC since picking a new opponent for it each turn is very easy to forget about and, at least in my opinion, a bit weak.

Are you using that rule, or sticking to having to select a new opponent each round.

It is a bit confusing in normal play, and I think it would be worse online. Just my opinion.

Mark

Lichtenhart said:
Jack, will you forgive me? :(

Mark, everything it's OK for me. If turtle doesn't mind I'll go with the cleric type. I'll wait for some info about gods and domains available. ;)

"Magic rare" is good, but can you briefly describe your setting?
I meant something like "big struggle between good and evil" or " massive warfare against legions of orcs" or "deadly political intrigues" or again "brave explorers of unknown lands". So I can start thinking about the character. :D

Jack- Sorry, Jack, looks like we have our Cleric. Can I keep you on the short list as possible replacements should someone have to drop out due to personal conflict or their RL situation?

Lichtenhart- I just added some info on the deity situation and the character creation process. (We posted at the same time. :) )

Regarding the setting, I'm a big believer in runing a campaign as player driven. I'll lay out as many possibilities as I can when we get started, allow you all to "snoop" around and feret out your own adventures based on your characters and player interests, and there'll be plenty of choices. I won't be running it as a modular campaign, though once you've gotten into situation they may appear that way. Often, I've found, that looking back on a game in retrospect it seems like the players were running through modules but that is due to their choices, not because they had limited choices. There are a multitude of over-arcing storires that might become the major focus but that will always depend on what the characters do in the continuing circumstances. Hope that helps. :)

Lichtenhart said:
Sorry, I missed it :eek:

No biggie. I'm just bustin your balls a little bit. :D Ultimately, though, if you end up missing something in a post during the game it is my perogative whether to repeat the info, point it up again as important, or simply let you miss it all together. :D

Of course, players can always read old posts and "suddenly remember" something or "put two and two together" but the clock keeps ticking within the game so you may no longer be in a position to act on, or do something about, that retroactively-realized knowledge... ;)

Last edited:

Mark

Lichtenhart said:

Fine to me, boss. :D

Please, call me "Mark" ;)

Do you prefer Lichtenhart? :D I'll likely be oscillating between calling you fellows by either your screenname or character name depending upon the context. In story, by the character name, and OOC comments by your screenname. :)

Last edited:

Mark

Ashrem Bayle said:
One question:

A common house rule I've seen (and use) is having the Dodge feat give a flat +1 Dodge bonus to AC since picking a new opponent for it each turn is very easy to forget about and, at least in my opinion, a bit weak.

Are you using that rule, or sticking to having to select a new opponent each round.

It is a bit confusing in normal play, and I think it would be worse online. Just my opinion.

I'm not a house rule guy, in that I might have some retrictions like the ones mentioned above but I don't change the rules that exist. So, Dodge works "by the book" as do other things. :)

As to forgetting... :D

In message board games you have more than enough time (usually a day or two) to remember things about your character that you'd like to bring to bear. As with all things, if you forget it is considered that so has your character. It might happen with NPCs that you are fighting, as well, so there's the upside (if there is one). :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads