Mods: Thread scheduled for demolition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lichtenhart

First Post
I'd just like to second what tleilaxu said.

Me too.

Do you like our characters, Ash?
Would you like to tell us your ideas about yours?

I just can't wait the game to start. I'm very inspired. :D

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Well said, tleilaxu/turtle! :)

GWolf has now posted to confirm his participation and I'm glad we were able to maintain our four folks for the game. Jack is still our "go to" guy so if at any point anyone feels overwhelmed or that they have taken on too much, just let us know. Comunication is the key. If you're going to be away from a computer for more than a day or so, let us know and we'll work out a failsafe position. The sooner you post this sort of thing (I.E. I'm going to be in Anarctica from the 5th of Bleen through the 11th!...that's "this many" days from now, so I'd like my character to follow along, help out in battles as per usual, and keep studying the Book of Stoopud Feats he acquired from the Phlune-Shapers). That sort of communication will be invaluable to the game when those situations arise.

Anyhoo, back to GWolf! We need you to bring your character info up to the level of the rest AKA stats, skills, feats, equipment, etc. Just check out the three others if something seems vague and use the PH, as that should handle most things.

We're going into a weekend where I will likely be more busy than usual so my normal quick response time might be hindered a bit. Don't let that worry anyone. :)

As something else to do, why don't I ask how everyone feels about a couple of things? If you could choose, how large would your family be? How large of a town (nothing over 1000 people for this scenario's starting point)? Would you like to have all started life in the same town, met while young, or have met after becoming adults?

In another vein, and not specific to your own character (please, we'll get to that in a little bit ;) ), what is it that you think gets into character's heads that would make them choose a dangerous "life of adventure"?

Just some thoughtful questions...

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Shade - The Rogue

Here is a sample backgound for Shade that will answer a few of your questions Mark. This was written for a character in my own game, but it can give you an idea about what I would like for this guy. I have no problem with changing anything or all of it to better fit the setting.

Born into a poor family of four, Arim’s father, Gale Dupree, was a hearder of sheep and a skilled woodsman. His brother, Darren, was only a year older than Arim. The two brothers were raised to take over the farm when they grew older. They were taught how to raise sheep and how to hunt for food.

Unfortunatly, neither boy was happy with such a boring future. The village of Willowbrook was only a few miles down the road, and there was plenty to do there. When the boys got their chores done, they would go to the village and try to find a bit of excitement.

When Arim was fifteen he fell in with a bad group. Two other boys, about their same age, were known trouble makers. They taught Arim and Darren how to steal to get what they wanted. Starting as a fun and daring sport, it soon became a bit more serious. They began breaking into houses and shops and taking more expensive things than pies and apples.

When he was nineteen, the boys were caught. All of them managed to get away except for Arim. He was publicly whipped and spent a month in jail. When he finally got back home, his life was made miserable. His father double his chores, and the only freedom he got to enjoy was in the woods near his home or when he could sneak off to Willowbrook.

About a six months ago, the first of a number of hobgoblins came into the area. They began attacking farms and steeling livestock. Soon the village began to orginize it’s militia. Wanting to join the guard, Arim was made to stay and work on the farm while Darren was allowed to go. About a month after leaving, Darren was killed in an ambush. From that point on, the hobgoblin attacks started becoming worse.

While able to narrowly escape, the Dupree family’s house was burned and their farm destroyed. They moved to Willowbrook where Angela, Arim’s mother, is working at the temple to feed others who have suffered a similar fate. Gale is learning to be a carpenter and is working on the town’s defenses. He can’t be a member of the guard because of an injured knee he received from stepping in a hole. He is also working on the village’s communal farm and the family is staying in the Weary Eye Inn.

Arim has joined the guard and has recently been going out on scouting patrols. The patrols hunt down and kill any hobgoblins that happen to be traveling in small numbers. He has gained a reputation of being a talented warrior and being very quiet as he stalks his querry. This, along with a recently acquired dark sense of humor, has earned him the nickname Shade, by his peers.

As you can tell from my background, I may multiclass into a Ranger at 2nd level. By 3rd level, he'll be duel-wielding two Finessed short swords and be kicking goblinoid butt! :D

I think it would be easy to say he met the other characters while on patrol. Maybe they were all asigned militia duty together. *shrugs* Course, he grew up near the town so maybe he has known them since he was young.

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
If you could choose, how large would your family be?

Small, maybe only mother and father, or maybe he could be orphan, and lived with his beloved grandmother till he became a disciple at the temple or monastery or something. He could even be an abandoned child adopted by the priests.

How large of a town ?

Large enough for a temple (or monastery or something), but not too large.

Would you like to have all started life in the same town, met while young, or have met after becoming adults?

Maybe met while young, or childhood friends that parted because of duties, but sometimes meet again?

what is it that you think gets into character's heads that would make them choose a dangerous "life of adventure"?

Curiosity, wish to better serve God's Will, wish to help people in need.

reapersaurus

First Post
Mark - I'm sorry I didn't see this thread, and your great-sounding offer, earlier. :(

I would really like to play a human paladin in your home-world, if your game needs the services of one.

His decription and background is here.

Let me know if you would like him to join at any point in your adventure. I know it's full up now, but i figured you never know, especially considering the ephemerality of communication on the internet.
You KNOW I'll be here for the long haul, and I can come in riding on a high horse .. literally! :) to fill in if you guys have need of another body.

Last edited:

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'll keep you on the "short list", Reaper.

You know how things go...sometimes things crop up in people's lives that precludes them from comtinuing a game, so you never know. Thanks for the notice! :)

GWolf

First Post
My Character!

Stat block time!

Zulfur, M Human Fighter1 CR 1; Size:M Type Humanoid; HD (1d10); hp 10; Init +4 (+4 Dex, +0 Misc); Spd Walk 30'; AC 16 (flatfooted 12, touch 14), Dagger +1 0'/P (1d4 19-20/x2 Neither T ) or Dagger (Thrown) +5 10'/P (1d4 19-20/x2 Neither T ) or *Longbow (Composite) +5 110'/P (1d8 20/x3 Both M ) or Rapier +1 0'/P (1d6 18-20/x2 Neither M ) or ; SA: ; Vision: Normal AL: NG; Sv: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1; Str 10, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 9, Wis 9, Cha 9

Skills and Feats: Move Silently +6, Ride +8; Armor Proficiency (Heavy),Armor Proficiency (Light),Armor Proficiency (Medium),Martial Weapon Proficiency,Point Blank Shot,Precise Shot,Rapid Shot,Shield Proficiency,Simple Weapon Proficiency
Possessions: 200 Arrows, 10 Daggers, 1 Leather Armor,
1 Longbow (Composite), 1 Rapier,

GWolf

First Post
So?

Let's use the hide behind objects for half cover and shoot things far away before they get near us. Nice Idea huh? I do have 10 daggers and a Rapier.

Lichtenhart

First Post
Ashrem Bayle said:
Darn. We have no front line fighter.

We only have to survive first level. If Shade takes a level of ranger and Zulfur Weapon Finess at level 2, we should be just fine.... maybe:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads