Mods: Thread scheduled for demolition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
turtle said:
i dunno about the familiar...

mark... how do you treat familiars? player controlled, dm controlled, block of stats?

Feel free to govern the intentions of the familiar as expressed through your empathic relationship and I'll only step in when something is suggested that just isn't going to happen. I'm sure that would be rare since it is your loyal companion and will remain as such unless you do something to change that relationship. :)

Mark

Ashrem Bayle said:
Mark, assuming you make PRCs available, are you just using the ones in the DMG or others?

Never assume... ;)

Jack Haggerty said:
By now, you ought to know better than to ask that.

Well, said but allow me to elaborate so it expresses my own impressions of how best to implement Prestige Classes in a campaign. :)

DMG only doesn't preclude me from introducing things that are not in the DMG, it only excludes the expectation of anything beyond the DMG as far as the players are concerned. :D

OK, that's a little harsh sounding, isn't it? Let's put it this way. The prerequisites of a Prestige class are not something I suggest that a player strives to eventually meet. Rather, a player should build their character within the game as best suits their situation within the game. If or when an opportunity for the character to gain access to a prestige class comes up within the game, it will be presented as a choice for the character within the game and the character will have to make a choice based on their situation.

If the player, and not the character, becomes the focus of the game for the player, they will likely be missing opportunities left and right, including (possibly) Presitige class opportunities. If I see a character moving in a certain direction because of the choices they are making, I am much more likely to create a prestige class that is balanced for the campaign and present it as a choice within the game for the character than to hand one to the player and work out the meta-reasoning behind why it would be a good choice for the player. Make sense? :)

Mark

Edena_of_Neith said:
I wish I could.
I'd like to come to the ENWorld Gameday.

I can't, unfortunately.

I hope it's a great time for all of you, though.

Edena_of_Neith

Sorry to hear that. It's still a while away. Maybe things will change by that time.

Never say "never" and don't wear the "can't"s pants! :D

I know that Edena wouldn't appreciate that attittude... ;)

Mark

Re: My Character!

GWolf said:
Stat block time!

Zulfur, M Human Fighter1 CR 1; Size:M Type Humanoid; HD (1d10); hp 10; Init +4 (+4 Dex, +0 Misc); Spd Walk 30'; AC 16 (flatfooted 12, touch 14), Dagger +1 0'/P (1d4 19-20/x2 Neither T ) or Dagger (Thrown) +5 10'/P (1d4 19-20/x2 Neither T ) or *Longbow (Composite) +5 110'/P (1d8 20/x3 Both M ) or Rapier +1 0'/P (1d6 18-20/x2 Neither M ) or ; SA: ; Vision: Normal AL: NG; Sv: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will -1; Str 10, Dex 18, Con 10, Int 9, Wis 9, Cha 9

Skills and Feats: Move Silently +6, Ride +8; Armor Proficiency (Heavy),Armor Proficiency (Light),Armor Proficiency (Medium),Martial Weapon Proficiency,Point Blank Shot,Precise Shot,Rapid Shot,Shield Proficiency,Simple Weapon Proficiency
Possessions: 200 Arrows, 10 Daggers, 1 Leather Armor,
1 Longbow (Composite), 1 Rapier,

turtle said:
if i'm adding correctly your fighter is only using 23 points... you should have five more... (you could boost your str or con to 14 and 11?) ... unless i've misadded somewhere...

Lichtenhart said:
GWolf, turtle is right about your stats. Would you like something like this: STR 14, DEX 18, CON 12, INT 10, WIS 8, CHA 8?

Just a suggestion, not a Suggestion ;)

Yupper, GWolf! Gotta make some adjustments to that there character unless you really wish to cheat yourself of some points, my friend... :)

turtle

First Post
mark- do we have a time when we can start using these characters to roleplay and get something started? any problems with my character? (i just have to decide on a familiar...)

Mark

turtle said:
mark- do we have a time when we can start using these characters to roleplay and get something started? any problems with my character? (i just have to decide on a familiar...)

As soon as all of the characters are finished, we'll post them in a thread in the Rogues Gallery, then we'll get stated. Early next week sometime, I guess.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Mark said:

Well, said but allow me to elaborate so it expresses my own impressions of how best to implement Prestige Classes in a campaign. :)

DMG only doesn't preclude me .....etc etc. Make sense? :)

Makes perfect sense and I like what I'm hearing. I think thats how they were intended to be used anyway. :D

Lichtenhart

First Post
Got a name!

I think I'll go with Danmor Sundrop.

I got my "family" name from the priests that adopted me. It's always difficult to deal with an abandoned child, so they chose a name that would make me feel special. :eek:

Nevermind, you can call me Dan. ;)

Mark, do you think my ethos should include celibacy?

That, and I thought about another hook to adventure: pilgrimage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads