Monitor Duty (Freedomverse OOC)

Quickleaf

Legend
Martial Arts this is the title for array. The program asked me for one so I got real uncreative. No game effect. All array slots are alphabetical. The cost of this array is 17pp for the most expensive power + 6pp for 6 additional array slots =23pp for total cost of array

Thanks for explaining that, helps a lot!

. . Boot to the Head
. . . . Affliction: Affliction 6 (Linked; 1st degree: Dazed, Hindered, 2nd degree: Compelled, Prone, Resisted by: Fortitude, DC 16; Accurate 2: +4, Extra Condition, Linked: Damage: Strength-based Damage 3, Split: 2 targets, Subtle: subtle; Limited Degree) 1pp/rank +1pp/rank for extra condition -1pp/rank for limited degree nets 1pp/rank. Times 6 ranks, +4pp flat for subtle, split and accuratex2 = 10pp for 1st part of linked power.
. . . . Damage: Strength-based Damage 3 (Linked; DC 21; Accurate 2: +4, Linked: Affliction: Affliction 6, Split: 2 targets, Subtle: subtle) 1pp/rankx 3 ranks +4pp flat for accuratex2, subtle, split = 7pp + 10pp for linked power above for a total of 17pp

So, with this version of the power, have I lost the ability to knockback / push (whatever forced movement is called in M&M)?

The reason I had a Leaping as an Attack was to simulate forced movement, which I couldn't otherwise figure out how to do in the system.

Would this version work?

[SECTION] BOOT TO THE HEAD [17]
Feature (Esoteric Style) 1
Affliction rank 6 (Linked) + Extras: Accurate 1, Split 1, Subtle 1 + Flaws: Limited Degree -1/rank [6]
Damage rank 3 (Linked, Strength-based) + Extras: Accurate 1, Split 1, Subtle 1 [6]
Leaping rank 1 (Linked) + Extras: Accurate 1, Attack 0, Split 1, Subtle 1 [4]

Training, Chi/Mystical, Esoteric Style (Tae Kwon Leap)
  • May be used as a surprise attack undetectable without a DC 20 Perception check.
  • A target hit must make a DC 16 Fortitude check or be pushed up to 15 feet away and knocked Prone. If the Fortitude check succeeds but doesn’t reach DC 16, the target is Dazed instead.
  • You may split the damage, push effect, and conditions between 2 targets as you wish.
[/SECTION]

. . Breaking Blow: Strength-based Damage 9 (DC 27, Advantages: Improved Smash; Penetrating 12; Inaccurate: -2, Limited: Objects only) 1pp/rank -1pp/rank for limited nets 0.5 per rank (NOT ZERO) x9 ranks is 4.5 rounded up to 5pp+12pp flat for penetrating=17pp

You can give a power an advantage? What use is giving it Improved Smash when I already have that advantage?

Last edited:

Quickleaf

Legend
I'm guessing that isn't in the SRD.

New attempt at the power:

EYE OF THE JADE TIGER: (6pp)
Senses 5:
Detect (Mental): Chi (1 rank), Accurate (2 ranks), Ranged (1 rank), Extra: Dimensional (1 dimension: Astral - +1pp)
Danger Sense (Mental)(1 rank)
Total cost of Senses: 5 ranks @ 1pp/rank +1pp = 6

Note: Ranged is included because Detect is touch by default.

Thanks Jonathon! I'll go with this verison.

hero4hire

Explorer
Thanks for explaining that, helps a lot!

So, with this version of the power, have I lost the ability to knockback / push (whatever forced movement is called in M&M)?

The reason I had a Leaping as an Attack was to simulate forced movement, which I couldn't otherwise figure out how to do in the system.

Would this version work?

[SECTION] BOOT TO THE HEAD [17]
Feature (Esoteric Style) 1
Affliction rank 6 (Linked) + Extras: Accurate 1, Split 1, Subtle 1 + Flaws: Limited Degree -1/rank [6]
Damage rank 3 (Linked, Strength-based) + Extras: Accurate 1, Split 1, Subtle 1 [6]
Leaping rank 1 (Linked) + Extras: Accurate 1, Attack 0, Split 1, Subtle 1 [4]

Training, Chi/Mystical, Esoteric Style (Tae Kwon Leap)
  • May be used as a surprise attack undetectable without a DC 20 Perception check.
  • A target hit must make a DC 16 Fortitude check or be pushed up to 15 feet away and knocked Prone. If the Fortitude check succeeds but doesn’t reach DC 16, the target is Dazed instead.
  • You may split the damage, push effect, and conditions between 2 targets as you wish.
[/SECTION]

The problem with Attack leap 1 is the DC would be so low (10+rank) it would barely work on anyone. I believe there is a Forced Movement built on Move Object called Massive Knockback which I could look into for you. Again for 15 foot of knockback the save is fairly low. Usually I leave knockback as a planned maneuver, an in-battle complication. Or just flavor.

You can give a power an advantage? What use is giving it Improved Smash when I already have that advantage?

Gah! another foible of Herolab. You can indeed give a power an advantage, however, it appears that the statblock output does not differentiate between how you got the Advantage. My version only bought it in the breaking power, and if you are ever going to smash something you were ALWAYS going to use the breaking power so it was a nice little point saver.

Please feel free to shift points around or change what you do not like. I am probably not going to start the game until next week. You are going for very complex game effects for a first timer. Please do not get discouraged. It isn't usually as complex as all of this.

hero4hire

Explorer
Massive Knockback
You not only hit hard, but deliver considerable momentum
with your punches, enough to send targets flying. If
you successfully hit, and the target fails a Strength check
against your effect rank, they are flung back a distance
equal to your effect rank minus their mass rank.
Massive Knockback: Move Object, Close Range, Limited to
Flinging Targets Away, Linked to Strength Damage • 1 point per
2 ranks.

hero4hire

Explorer
Massive Knockback
You not only hit hard, but deliver considerable momentum
with your punches, enough to send targets flying. If
you successfully hit, and the target fails a Strength check
against your effect rank, they are flung back a distance
equal to your effect rank minus their mass rank.
Massive Knockback: Move Object, Close Range, Limited to
Flinging Targets Away, Linked to Strength Damage • 1 point per
2 ranks.

At least this has the benefit of a STR check which is may effect more targets.

Shayuri

First Post
Okay so the Growth is ok, since I didn't give a point break on it. The Shrinking is not ok, because I took it as a point reduction.

Alright, I'll fix.

Shayuri

First Post
Yay, I was right about this at least! :)

Fighting also adds to Parry. So you had ranks in 2 different close combats for a net of 1pp/rank plus ranks in parry for 1pp/rank =2pp ranks

Pure ranks of fighting is 2pp/rank (same price effectively) and gives you all of that plus accuracy with EVERY close attack.

On the flip side it was cheaper to reduce Dexterity and add skill ranks to get similar skill level totals.

hero4hire

Explorer
Okay so the Growth is ok, since I didn't give a point break on it. The Shrinking is not ok, because I took it as a point reduction.

Alright, I'll fix.

Yep I didn't even really check the Minion yet...But now that I did I looked up Summon.
"A summoned minion
is limited to a Power Level equal to the rank of the Summon
effect used to create it, is subject to the normal power
level limits."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases