Monk Help

Well, perhaps it would help if you would talk with the players (and the DM) about your problem. Maybe they will see the problem and will consider you next time.

And you could ask the Wizard to get some Metamagic Feats to create you some more useful items for you.
Bracers of Armor, Amulet of Natural Armor, Ring of Protection are all very good options for you ... Gloves of Dexterity, Periapt of Wisdom are also nice to have...

For your character surviving I really suggest not to change its classes. A switch to fighter might sound nice, but your character will not really benefit from it, I believe. (You could better decide to create a new character ...)

Vander

First Post
Re: Why even mention your campaign?

Spider said:
I don't mean to come across as mean, but would you mind not putting even minor spoilers about the RttToEE in your posts (especially when it's irrelevant to the question at hand)? I'm running this module, and I've seen a lot of little slips from various posters that give away important clues/scenes. I have players reading this board, and I hate having to rewrite parts of the adventure in order to keep them on their toes.

Thanks!

Oops! Sorry....

I have talked to other players about dividing treasure logically, rather than by rolls only. The campaign is so deadly, and stresses melee ability over all else, that everyone wants to secure his/her survival, and being the toughest on the block. Ego, I guess.

Thanks for the good advice. I will probably continue with Monk. No logical campaign reason to role play why i should change. Besides, 10th level is when I start recieving the good stuff....

Vander

First Post
I am going to commission an NPC wizard to make some items, as we all know Monks dont need much money. We have a wizard in the party (same player), but he only takes "Create Wands", probably just to help himself...Just a selfish player.

SpikeyFreak

First Post
Re: Re: Why even mention your campaign?

Vander said:

Oops! Sorry....

I have talked to other players about dividing treasure logically, rather than by rolls only. The campaign is so deadly, and stresses melee ability over all else, that everyone wants to secure his/her survival, and being the toughest on the block. Ego, I guess.

Thanks for the good advice. I will probably continue with Monk. No logical campaign reason to role play why i should change. Besides, 10th level is when I start recieving the good stuff....
Well, since you have a monk, chide the other characters, while in character, for being greedy.

Just stuff like "Turtles don't need tough skin, turtles have shells. Felines are not so lucky." and then walk off disgusted. That would get your point across in character, and it makes sense.

--Fun Spikey

Well, you have the Wisdom (don`t you, as a monk?) So perhaps you explain them why it is better to work together as a team, sharing items as they are really needed and useful ...
(And by the time you can explain the wizard why he should take some of the Craft Item Feats. :) )

Vander

First Post
Thanks for all your great suggestions. I decided to stay with Monk. That is, until I got a look at the Masters of the Wild.

The "Forsaken" seems to be a natural fit for my monk, given the situation with losing all magic items. What class would fit better that the monk, relying on physical abilities rather than magic?

Remove ads