• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Monk Unarmed attacks vs. DR X / Silver

SorroW

First Post
I have a couple of really stupid questions I need too get off my chest. But I post them in one threaf each.

So here the first.

How does a Monk damage a Vampire? Is there any way he can change his fists to silver?

SorroW

First Post
Thanee said:
By using a silver kama or something like that.

Bye
Thanee

Well his a Sacred Fist PrC. A group of Cleric/monks who have foresworn the use of any weapons exept their own bodies.

sorry for not making that clear.

cmanos

First Post
are gaultlets considered a weapon to the Sacred Fist? How about a magical pair of gloves made from silver thread or the hide of a silver dragon infused with alchemical silver? It all depends on what you call a weapon. Have a friendly neighborhood spellcaster research a spell that transforms your fists into silver....have him make it into a potion.

shilsen

Adventurer
SorroW said:
Well his a Sacred Fist PrC. A group of Cleric/monks who have foresworn the use of any weapons exept their own bodies.

sorry for not making that clear.
In that case, he might be better off focusing on using spells and helping his allies than getting into melee himself. On the other hand, a vampire only has DR 10/silver and magic, so he should be able to get some damage through it, and can also focus on non-damage maneuvers (trip him, disarm him if he's using weapons, etc).

Thanee

First Post
In that case, use Power Attack, or make trip attacks, or use Aid Another for the real fighters.

And never disarm a vampire... he might resort to slam attacks... :eek:

Bye
Thanee

Last edited:

Egres

First Post
From the SRD:

Silversheen: This substance can be applied to a weapon as a standard action. It will give the weapon the properties of alchemical silver for 1 hour, replacing the properties of any other special material it might have. One vial will coat a single melee weapon or 20 units of ammunition.
Faint transmutation; CL 5th; Craft Wondrous Item; Price 250 gp

Edit: ouch, Iku Rex answered before me. :eek:

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Hmm... can you even apply that stuff to your fists? ;)

Maybe wearing gloves with a pattern of alchemical silver would work.

Bye
Thanee

Iku Rex

Explorer
Thanee said:
Hmm... can you even apply that stuff to your fists? ;)

A monk’s unarmed strike is treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons.
--Unarmed strike, monk description (SRD)

Remove ads