D&D Movie/TV More information about Honor Among Thieves

What follows is a list of snippets of recent information about the upcoming D&D movie from a range of sources across the internet. Special thanks goes to CinemaBlend and Collidor! They hired a language team for all the D&D languages that appear in the movie, including the guy that did the languages. They also have a spell casting geasture team including the guy the designed the geastures...

What follows is a list of snippets of recent information about the upcoming D&D movie from a range of sources across the internet. Special thanks goes to CinemaBlend and Collidor!

hat.jpg

• They hired a language team for all the D&D languages that appear in the movie, including the guy that did the languages.
  • They also have a spell casting geasture team including the guy the designed the geastures for Wandavision.
  • They built 120 sets for the movie.
  • Paramount has the distrubtion rights for the whole world except for Canada and the UK, Hasbro/Eone has ths distribution rights for the UK and Canada.
  • They shot an active volcano.
  • People got so caught up in the movie, folks were in tears at times.
  • It did as well among women as men during test screenings, same with none D&D fans & D&D fans.
  • Led Zepplin songs are hard to get, you can't just throw money at them, they have to like the thing enough to let you use their songs, so this movie already has Led Zepplin seal of approval.
  • The movie has a lot of Easter Eggs.
  • They used D&D Beyond & FR Wiki a lot.
  • Justin Smith was really hard core into the D&D details for his sorcerer character.
  • Jean's paladin required a lot of training and apparently gave him the best butt his ever had (his words).
  • They made the characters contempory in some ways, like some times they question why certain things are the way they are, but not in ways inappropriate to the genre and setting.
  • This movie was clearly made by D&D fans.
  • They didn't design this movie with an eye towards future movies, beyond the fact of making as amazing as possible.
  • This was inspired by ironically the MCU where the foundation was created by 3 solid self contained movies. Latcham insisted on it.

Undrave

Legend
Well I'm excited!
  • They didn't design this movie with an eye towards future movies, beyond the fact of making as amazing as possible.
  • This was inspired by ironically the MCU where the foundation was created by 3 solid self contained movies. Latcham insisted on it.
This is reassuring. If the world you create is solid enough, you won't need to set-up anything for follow up movies to feel connected: the world will be familiar enough to do all the lifting.

R_J_K75

Legend
Is Led Zeppelin involved in any way with the music for the movie, or is it just the trailer?
Led Zeppelin hasn't been involved in making music since 1980 period. Page & Plant doesn't count, nor does the 2007 O2 Arena concert. Jimmy Page is just concentered with re-re-re-re-re-re-re-mastering their catalog for the hundredth time, pestering Robert Plant to do more LZ shows and fighting with Robbie Williams.

I seem to recall Henry Cavill talking about the need to strengthen his core and glutes for the Witcher. Something about needing the balance and strength for all the swordplay in those long days of shooting. It was about being able to swing a sword over dozens of takes and have it look good while still being in control and safe.

• Jean's paladin required a lot of training and apparently gave him the best butt his ever had (his words).

That's been the doom of so many movies, ever since the MCU took off. That they're hopefully not going to chase that right off the bat is a good sign.

Led Zeppelin hasn't been involved in making music since 1980 period. Page & Plant doesn't count, nor does the 2007 O2 Arena concert. Jimmy Page is just concentered with re-re-re-re-re-re-re-mastering their catalog for the hundredth time, pestering Robert Plant to do more LZ shows and fighting with Robbie Williams.
There are other ways to contribute other than actually performing new music. They could contribute a remix to play over the end credits for example.

R_J_K75

Legend
There are other ways to contribute other than actually performing new music. They could contribute a remix to play over the end credits for example.
That is true. I highly suspect that there's not much left for Page to remix or remastered from their studio work. I remember hearing and reading over the years that there wasn't much in the way of outtakes and unreleased material. They used most of what they recorded on their studio albums. Once in a while a "lost" track is "unearthed" but it's usually nonsensical caterwauling by Plant over a repetitive riff.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
If we can have people learning Na'avi, it's my dream that we can one day have one or more D&D languages at least as detailed officially or semi-officially. (Quenya doesn't count.)
Man, I can't do voices and now I have to learn multiple languages to run a game. Ugh.

Oh, and I'll have to rename a whole lot of locations in my home brew that I used Parf Edhellen to make Quenya place names.

;)

Related Articles

Remove ads

Remove ads