D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

RCanine

First Post
@morepurplemorebetter - I'm taking a whack at the UA Artificer, and noticed that the complete weapon & ammo list, and homebrew ammo syntax is missing on DropBox. Here's my progress, btw:

https://gist.github.com/Ry7n/56454f2d9df4c2992bf29df9676b64d9

I'm doing up to level 4 for a game tomorrow, which is why it's not complete.

EDIT: Actually, there are several of the files listed (spell lists, were my next blocker) are missing.

Last edited:

Pagwani

First Post
Mobile Usage

Any Android apps I can get that will let me use these automated character sheets on the go? I am fine with using any version or type of automated character sheet

When I use the Adobe reader app your automated colourful character sheet tells me that the program I am using is not compatible, if that helps.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I just don't want to scroll through 132 pages

@morepurplemorebetter - I'm taking a whack at the UA Artificer, and noticed that the complete weapon & ammo list, and homebrew ammo syntax is missing on DropBox. Here's my progress, btw:

https://gist.github.com/Ry7n/56454f2d9df4c2992bf29df9676b64d9

I'm doing up to level 4 for a game tomorrow, which is why it's not complete.

EDIT: Actually, there are several of the files listed (spell lists, were my next blocker) are missing.
Thank you for making the Artificer code! Unfortunately I don't really have time this week to take a look at it, so I will owe you a response for that.

As for the missing files on the Dropbox, I am surprised, because I don't see any files missing at all... Even when I go to the Dropbox in my browser without being logged in, I still see all the files that are supposed to be there. Are you sure you are looking in the right spot: http://bit.ly/MPMBcoding_Syntax

I see the "Complete WeaponsList & AmmoList (as used in v12.5).js", the "Complete SpellsList (as used in v12.7).js", and the "Homebrew Syntax - AmmoList.js" just fine.

What do you mean with "were my next blocker"?

Also, you can view all the code on Git as well: https://github.com/morepurplemorebetter/MPMBs-Character-Record-Sheet

Any Android apps I can get that will let me use these automated character sheets on the go? I am fine with using any version or type of automated character sheet

When I use the Adobe reader app your automated colourful character sheet tells me that the program I am using is not compatible, if that helps.

Sorry if this has been answered before, I just don't want to scroll through 132 pages
There are unfortunately no Android apps that support the full JavaScript API of Adobe Acrobat, so there is no way to make full use of the sheet on Android. You need Windows or Mac OS version of Adobe Acrobat DC to use the sheets.

However, the sheet does offer a middle-ground. You can create your character on a PC, flatten the fields for use on a mobile device, transfer the sheet to a mobile device and use the fields that are still available, and then later return the sheet to a PC, unflatten it, and continue using the automation.
The “Flatten” button is intended specifically as a solution for mobile users. The idea is that you set up your sheet on a proper PC and press “Flatten” before bringing the sheet over to your tablet/phone. Now you can only edit the fields needed during play and all functions that won’t work on your mobile device are hidden. After you are done with play, open the sheet on you PC and press “Flatten” again. Now you have a sheet that can be edited fully again.

Pagwani

First Post
There are unfortunately no Android apps that support the full JavaScript API of Adobe Acrobat, so there is no way to make full use of the sheet on Android. You need Windows or Mac OS version of Adobe Acrobat DC to use the sheets.

However, the sheet does offer a middle-ground. You can create your character on a PC, flatten the fields for use on a mobile device, transfer the sheet to a mobile device and use the fields that are still available, and then later return the sheet to a PC, unflatten it, and continue using the automation.
The “Flatten” button is intended specifically as a solution for mobile users. The idea is that you set up your sheet on a proper PC and press “Flatten” before bringing the sheet over to your tablet/phone. Now you can only edit the fields needed during play and all functions that won’t work on your mobile device are hidden. After you are done with play, open the sheet on you PC and press “Flatten” again. Now you have a sheet that can be edited fully again.

That sucks, anyway thanks for the advice, should make the char creation in the game I'm about to start easier. Thx for them anyway, and hope Adobe allow this at some point in the future

That sucks, anyway thanks for the advice, should make the char creation in the game I'm about to start easier. Thx for them anyway, and hope Adobe allow this at some point in the future
The best bet for Adobe making their app support their full JavaScript API is by filling out a feature request. There are some apps out there that have more JavaScript support than the Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile devices app, but even that support is still very limited compared to the PC version of Adobe Acrobat.

RCanine

First Post
Thank you for making the Artificer code! Unfortunately I don't really have time this week to take a look at it, so I will owe you a response for that.

As for the missing files on the Dropbox, I am surprised, because I don't see any files missing at all... Even when I go to the Dropbox in my browser without being logged in, I still see all the files that are supposed to be there. Are you sure you are looking in the right spot: http://bit.ly/MPMBcoding_Syntax

I see the "Complete WeaponsList & AmmoList (as used in v12.5).js", the "Complete SpellsList (as used in v12.7).js", and the "Homebrew Syntax - AmmoList.js" just fine.

What do you mean with "were my next blocker"?

Also, you can view all the code on Git as well: https://github.com/morepurplemorebetter/MPMBs-Character-Record-Sheet

Strange; visiting those URLs yesterday I was getting 404s; today they're working fine. Having the access to the source is awesome; thanks!

Arryn

Explorer
I noticed a minor quibble at the gaming table tonight. Your wording for the Tempest Cleric ability Wrath of the Storm makes it sound like it triggers off of any attack that you can see. Unless there is some errata out there that I don't know about, the attack has to actually hit for the ability to trigger.

Thanks again for putting so much work into this. I honestly don't know how I would function without it.

Thomas John

First Post
Tried adding this but it doesn't show up. I have a Swashbukler with the Alert feat. When caculating my Initiative modifyer both the Charisma modifier and +5 from the Alert feat should be added to the Dexterity modifier, but in fact, when the Alert feat is taken, the Chrarisma bonus from Swashbuckler is ignored. It works fine without the Alert feat.

wilcoxon

Explorer
Any chance the recent UA for Ranger and Rogue options will be added soon? I have a game where I need the Rogue (Scout) Feb 5. I could add the data manually but there's a complication - there is already a Fighter (Scout) and now the Rogue (Scout) and I saw the note in the FAQ about names needing to be completely unique (currently, when I enter Rogue (Scout), it picks up the Fighter (Scout) even though I clearly have it listed as Rogue and not Fighter). Is there a way to force the sheet to not treat Rogue (Scout) as Fighter (Scout)? It seems to even find substrings (yuck) so even ScoutB or RScout don't seem to work.

Also, has anyone taken a stab at the UA Mystic? Apparently my upcoming characters are using UA things not yet in the sheet. :(

I am in software dev (but haven't done javascript in a long time (and never for Adobe)) so I would try doing them except I'm overly busy until mid-February...

Remove ads