• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

viviolay

Villager
Just wanted to write and say thank you for these sheets. I'm starting a Dnd club for students at my school (I'm a HS teacher) and it was taking me a long time to help a group of 10+ kids create characters and fill in all the stats from scratch. These saved me a lot of time and made it possible for me to start actually playing Dnd with them much earlier. I donated to your beer fund - again, thanks so much!

Last edited:

Alexrose

First Post
As for your second question, that is a bit tricky because "Print out non-changeable information?" is rather open to interpretation. Are ability scores non-changeable? Magic items can easily interfere. Wild shapes are easily changeable, but you might want to print them anyway. Does the equipment section count as non-changeable? Probably not every piece of equipment will be considered permanent, but some things are likely easier to have printed.

I think that if there are some sections you don't want to have printed, it is probably not that hard to just leave them blank all together. That way you can fill them out by hand after printing.

I just mean the stuff that's a pain to write that never changes. e.g. the trait, ideal, bond, flaw is a lot of text and it never changes, initial race description, feats.

Ability scores I would keep blank. Anything numeric and all item slots I would leave blank. It's just the things that take forever to write that are generally permanent that I mean.

Thanks a tonne for making the change! I'll test them this weekend.

Just wanted to write and say thank you for these sheets. I'm starting a Dnd club for students at my school (I'm a HS teacher) and it was taking me a long time to a group of 10+ kids create characters and fill in all the stats from scratch. These saved me a lot of time and made it possible for me to start actually playing Dnd with them much earlier. I donated to your beer fund - again, thanks so much!
Splendid to hear my work has such an added value to your great work with teaching the next generation about the greatest game! Thank you so much for all the kind words. I hope the kids have a lot of fun dungeoneering and slaying dragons

I just mean the stuff that's a pain to write that never changes. e.g. the trait, ideal, bond, flaw is a lot of text and it never changes, initial race description, feats.

Ability scores I would keep blank. Anything numeric and all item slots I would leave blank. It's just the things that take forever to write that are generally permanent that I mean.

Thanks a tonne for making the change! I'll test them this weekend.

You are welcome, hope the changes work as expected!

I am now at a bit of a loss as what you want from the "print non-changeable"-feature. If all numerical things based on ability scores are out of the question, why even fill them out digitally? What would be the added advantage of first putting in all the information in the sheet, printing out only a tiny part of it, and then adding the rest of it with pencil (again)?

Wouldn't it be much easier to just not digitally fill out the parts you want to fill out by hand, print it, and do the rest by hand? What would the feature you request really add to the experience? I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but I genuinely don't understand what the added value would be. Not printing some fields that you are obviously not going to use in their digital format seems like a redundant feature to me, but I might be misunderstanding what it is that you would want to add.

Last edited:

Alexrose

First Post
Btw, not sure but uhh.. I think the "change between comma and decimal point" functionality might've disappeared? Or I'm just being stupid and can't find it.

Because certain features will automatically fill in the rest. So if I put in.. say.. a class, it will show the class skills, which are printable, but it will also add the class level, which will change.

But the main point is, here's how I would hypothetically use the sheet: I'd keep all the sheets as a digital record and when the real sheets get a bit grotty I'd reprint them off again. Then I'd click print and it'd print all non-vital information, and the numbers would be filled in in 20 seconds. Instead right now it'd involve making a new sheet and filling in all non vital information, clicking the class, copying the descriptions and then unclicking the class and pasting them back in etc. to print.

I mean, I could do that hypothetically, it'd just be a time saver if the sheet did it. If you don't want to do it though that's fine, I'll manage.

Last edited:

Headbomb

First Post
Hi, after a couple of month hiatus, we're playing once more! I'm still going over the updates, and most of them seem pretty great. Love the spell slots especially.

I did notice a bug however, with the cantrip DC. If you select on (like Poison Spray), it'll place the poison spray DC. However, if you switch that slot back to a regular attack (e.g. Fire Bolt), the sheet will present a DC rather than the appropriate +X bonus.

Btw, not sure but uhh.. I think the "change between comma and decimal point" functionality might've disappeared? Or I'm just being stupid and can't find it.

Because certain features will automatically fill in the rest. So if I put in.. say.. a class, it will show the class skills, which are printable, but it will also add the class level, which will change.

But the main point is, here's how I would hypothetically use the sheet: I'd keep all the sheets as a digital record and when the real sheets get a bit grotty I'd reprint them off again. Then I'd click print and it'd print all non-vital information, and the numbers would be filled in in 20 seconds. Instead right now it'd involve making a new sheet and filling in all non vital information, clicking the class, copying the descriptions and then unclicking the class and pasting them back in etc. to print.

I mean, I could do that hypothetically, it'd just be a time saver if the sheet did it. If you don't want to do it though that's fine, I'll manage.
Changing the decimal separator is still available, it is 'hidden' behind the "Units" button.

Now I have a better idea of what you are asking for in regards to the hiding of fields. However, your request seems very particular and I don't think such a function would be used by many people, as everybody will have their own idea of what should and what shouldn't be hidden. I could still make a function as per your request, but that would than just be coding for you specifically. Something that might be worthwhile if the beer fund were to increase wink wink

Hi, after a couple of month hiatus, we're playing once more! I'm still going over the updates, and most of them seem pretty great. Love the spell slots especially.

I did notice a bug however, with the cantrip DC. If you select on (like Poison Spray), it'll place the poison spray DC. However, if you switch that slot back to a regular attack (e.g. Fire Bolt), the sheet will present a DC rather than the appropriate +X bonus.
Good catch on the to hit not changing to what it should be once you change weapons, I honestly hadn't try to do that. I have it fixed it in the next version (v10.31)!

So version 10.31 is now available, with the only change being the above-mentioned bug :)

optional notes hidden by default on three does not export text in the data .xfpf window as I use it to add information in my
When you choose to only export the non-calculated values, then the notes field on page 3 will not be exported. This is because selecting certain classes will cause that field to be used for additional information. This has nothing to do with whether you hide the notes or not, they will always be ignored.

However, now I think of it, this might not be the best course of action. I will look into this field and importing/exporting. Thanks for giving the heads up!

Although this is not implemented in any sheet as of yet, the new downloadable Acrobat plugin will give you the correct export.

Alexrose

First Post
Now I have a better idea of what you are asking for in regards to the hiding of fields. However, your request seems very particular and I don't think such a function would be used by many people, as everybody will have their own idea of what should and what shouldn't be hidden. I could still make a function as per your request, but that would than just be coding for you specifically. Something that might be worthwhile if the beer fund were to increase wink wink

Yeah, cool, everyone loved the sheets so I added €15 to the fund :p . (Incidentally, how do I get access to the pro version?)

Remove ads