D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

wilcoxon

Explorer
This is not a bug, because the modifier you put on the spell sheet page is not linked to the attack section, and never was. Doing that would be problematic as you would then not be able to set either of them individually, they would always have to be identical and that is hard to do when multiclassing. If you want to have modifiers like that, you are going to have to set them for each thing individually.

I was assuming that the attack entry was searching the spell page to see what section it was in and using the appropriate entry (but I did not test it). I guess it could be a problem for something like cleric/paladin or warlock/wizard if the same spell appears in multiple sections.

Adding the modifier for spell attacks was easy enough (just add the +1 to both spell page and attack entry). However, I don't see a way to modify the spell save DC for attack entries that have a DC (the modifier seems to need to be "dc" to pick up the DC and "dc+1" did not work). Is there a way that I'm missing to modify the spell save DC on the attack entry?

I was assuming that the attack entry was searching the spell page to see what section it was in and using the appropriate entry (but I did not test it). I guess it could be a problem for something like cleric/paladin or warlock/wizard if the same spell appears in multiple sections.

Adding the modifier for spell attacks was easy enough (just add the +1 to both spell page and attack entry). However, I don't see a way to modify the spell save DC for attack entries that have a DC (the modifier seems to need to be "dc" to pick up the DC and "dc+1" did not work). Is there a way that I'm missing to modify the spell save DC on the attack entry?
I'm actually now working on a way to make the sheet work as you first expected it to work. I intend for the next version to have this feature, that where you set some modifier for spells on the spell sheet pages, that modifier is automatically used to calculate the DC/to hit for cantrips in the attack section. However, the modifier will then not appear in the modifier field for that attack, it will just be used during calculation.

Until that time, you can use the workaround of including "+1" in the name of the cantrip (e.g. write "Eldritch Blast +1" for the name of the attack). This will add 1 to both the to hit/dc and the damage. However, as you don't want anything added to the damage, you will then have to put a "-1" in the modifier field for damage.

Small bug, when you select Spear Mastery as a feat it doesn't change the die in the attack section.
Thank you for reporting this bug! I found the issue and will make sure to have it fixed in the next version.

Subjunctive

First Post
Hi there. Thanks for the great work!

I'm on 12.94 (at least that's the last entry in the changelog), and there's no way to pick the "origin of entry" for extra spells. I'm trying to put in some that are from a magic item, and I'd like them grouped differently from my Bard ones. I'm hoping that figuring out the origin of entry stuff will help. (Adding a new header made a total hash of things; I'll make a proper report with screenshots of that at some point.)

Duan'duliir

Devil of Chance
Has there been anything done for the Plane Shift documents? There is some stuff from the DMs Guild done, but I cannot find anything from the Plane Shift documents (I'm specifically looking for the Aetherborn race from the Kaladesh one). If not, then I'll just do up my own for what I need, and if I have enough free time, I'll flesh it out and send it in so you can share it.

Last edited:

Hi there. Thanks for the great work!

I'm on 12.94 (at least that's the last entry in the changelog), and there's no way to pick the "origin of entry" for extra spells. I'm trying to put in some that are from a magic item, and I'd like them grouped differently from my Bard ones. I'm hoping that figuring out the origin of entry stuff will help. (Adding a new header made a total hash of things; I'll make a proper report with screenshots of that at some point.)
You can't directly set an 'origin of entry' because that space is to indicate what class/racial feature is adding that spell to the section of that race/class. Each spell selection dialogue is for a single section on the spell sheets.

Unfortunately there is no way to add a new section to the spell sheet via the user interface. To do that, you would have to run some code from the console. I can help you write the code if you are interested.

Normally I would recommend people to just manually add a section after the spells that are generated, using the buttons in the first column.

Do you mean with "Adding a new header made a total hash of things" that there is a bug or just that something happened that you didn't expect?

Has there been anything done for the Plane Shift documents? There is some stuff from the DMs Guild done, but I cannot find anything from the Plane Shift documents (I'm specifically looking for the Aetherborn race from the Kaladesh one). If not, then I'll just do up my own for what I need, and if I have enough free time, I'll flesh it out and send it in so you can share it.
As far as I know, nobody is working on any of the Plane Shift documents for this sheet. If you do transcribe something for them, it would be great to put your code in the Fan-made Additions Dropbox Folder so that everybody can use it.

Please know that although I fully intend to put all officially released D&D material in the sheet, I do not intend to transcribe any of the Plane Shift material, as that is made by the Magic: the Gathering group from WotC, and not the people in charge of D&D.

v12.95 - UA: Feats for Skills, the Revenant, bugfixes
A new UA article has been released, so it is time to update the sheet together with some bugfixes and the Revenant subraces that I had completely overlooked with my 'complete Unearthed Arcana update'.
Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.95 (18 April 2017):

[H=6]Changelog for MPMB's Character Record Sheet v12.95 (18 April 2017):[/H]
  • NEW CONTENT: the Revenant subraces from Unearthed Arcana: Gothic Heroes (available for the Aasimar, Dragonborn, Dwarf, Elf, Gnome, Halfling, Human, and Tiefling);
  • NEW CONTENT: the 18 skill feats from Unearthed Arcana: Feats for Skills;
  • NEW FEATURE: it is now possible to put formulas in the modifier fields, using the ability score abbreviations (e.g. “Cha+2”);
  • NEW FEATURE: Added a way for the sheet to use the modifiers set in the spell sheet part to affect the To Hit or DC for cantrips in the attack section (as suggested by wilcoxon);
  • Added a way for racial features to use the usagescalc attribute (as suggested by mouse0270);
  • Fix for the Rune Scribe, and prestige classes in general, not being recognized correctly (thanks jsagg27 for reporting);
  • Fix for the Spear Mastery feat (thanks Iguanacus for reporting);
  • Corrected the spells known for the Bard (thanks Chris R. for reporting);
  • Fix for the ammunition drop-down boxes not being updated when including/excluding sources (thanks anonymous for reporting);
  • Improved the way ammunitions are recognized and how they appear in the drop-down list;
  • Corrected the Abyssal Tiefling wrongly getting resistance to fire damage;
  • Made it so that the To Hit field for Green-flame Blade and Booming Blade cantrips is left empty to avoid confusion (as suggested by Kent);
  • Fix for the spell sheet selection dialogue not being able to have spells from multiple class lists (thanks /u/EtherealSnowman for reporting);
  • Corrected the Deinonychus bite attack damage die and Giant Ice Toad type (thanks anonymous for reporting);
  • Fixed an error with calculating Wild Shapes when using the character’s proficiency bonus and skills that a creature has expertise in (thanks Mikael V. for reporting);
  • Updated the FAQ.

Links: MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Colorful A4/Letter        MPMB's Character Record Sheet - Printer Friendly Redesign

Looking for the original Printer Friendly version with the artwork of the Wizards of the Coast official character sheet (Click here for the preview)?.

Become a patron on Patreon, and you will get the Character Record Sheet, Spell Sheets per Class, and Adventure Logsheet with the WotC design!

Subjunctive

First Post
You can't directly set an 'origin of entry' because that space Unfortunately there is no way to add a new section to the spell sheet via the user interface. To do that, you would have to run some code from the console. I can help you write the code if you are interested.

Do you mean with "Adding a new header made a total hash of things" that there is a bug or just that something happened that you didn't expect?

I'd be interested in the code, yeah.

Sorry for not being clearer. The header overlapped with the lines below it, and after trying to add more lines I ended up with two headers overlapped with each other.

I'll see if I can reproduce it and send you an example, if you'd like.

I'd be interested in the code, yeah.

Sorry for not being clearer. The header overlapped with the lines below it, and after trying to add more lines I ended up with two headers overlapped with each other.

I'll see if I can reproduce it and send you an example, if you'd like.
Having overlapping headers is easy to reproduce. The menu in the front says how many rows a header takes up. You have to take make sure yourself that there is enough space.

The code would be something like this

Code:
CurrentSpells['magic items'] = {
	name : 'Magic Items', //this is the name as it will appear in the header on the spell sheet
	ability : 6, //you need to pick something (Str=1, Dex=2, Con=3, Int=4, Wis=5, Cha=6)
	typeSp : "feat", //we will use the 'feat' way of presenting
	bonus : {
		"item1" : { // you will have to make an unique entry for each item // the rest of the object works the same as the spellcastingBonus object
			name : "Dragon Fire Rod Thingy", //this is the name as it will appear in the 'origin of entry' in the spell selection dialogue
			spells : ["fireball"],
			selection : ["fireball"],
			atwill : true
		}, 
		"item2" : { // you will have to make an unique entry for each item
			name : "Stormy-Looking Orb",
			spells : ["lightning bolt"],
			selection : ["lightning bolt"],
			oncelr : true
		},
	}
};
You can find more options for the 'spellcastingBonus' object here.

Note that these aren't actual magic items, I made them up :p

Remove ads