D&D 5E [MtG] Thanks to Double Master 2022, Baldur's Gate is a disaster

[MtG] Thanks to Double Master 2022, Baldur's Gate is a disaster.

CLB is a great set, but X22 not only poached key expensive Commander staples like Dockside from CLB that should have been in CLB, its basically Commander Masters, not just stepped on CLB's toes, in crushed them to a pulp.

Its stupid on WotC's part too because while X22 has an extremely ratio of profit to cost, the damage done to what would have been the most profitable set of the year based on shear volume and somewhat high price, CLB and the PR disaster making it worse, will likely cost them more in potential CLB sales then low print run X22 will make.

CLB has so many great cards and us generally seen as a great draft experience, that its a shame most of the set isbeing under valued because folks can't see past their rage and fairly evalutate the set.

Can you translate that for those of us not into M:tG? Sorry, no idea what a CLB or X22 or Double Master 2022 is. Last time I played M;tG the year started with a 19xx.

X22 refers to Double Masters 2022 an MtG reprint set filled with alot of expensive reprints of cards. The set is very expensive and the print run will be low with likely one the one printing of the cards.

CLB is Commander Legends: Battle For Baldur's Gate set, its a straight up Commander product that can be drafted using special rules. More expensive then most set, but far cheaper then X22.

And just in case it comes up AH:BG is Alchemy Horizons: Baldur's Gate, the set being previewed now, which takes some CLB cards, creates 81 new cards, and even reprints cards from AFR (Adventures in the Forgotten Realms, a Standard/Brawl legal D&D set) and some AFC (Adventures in the Forgotten Realms Commander Decks, which have a seperate expansion code from AFR cards, but is tied to that set).

Scribe

Legend
[MtG] Thanks to Double Master 2022, Baldur's Gate is a disaster.

CLB is a great set, but X22 not only poached key expensive Commander staples like Dockside from CLB that should have been in CLB, its basically Commander Masters, not just stepped on CLB's toes, in crushed them to a pulp.

Its stupid on WotC's part too because while X22 has an extremely ratio of profit to cost, the damage done to what would have been the most profitable set of the year based on shear volume and somewhat high price, CLB and the PR disaster making it worse, will likely cost them more in potential CLB sales then low print run X22 will make.

CLB has so many great cards and us generally seen as a great draft experience, that its a shame most of the set isbeing under valued because folks can't see past their rage and fairly evalutate the set.
I think you overestimate the appeal of a Baldur's Gate set. Commanders is going to sell regardless.

I will say, looking at the preview of Double Masters, they are really printing my collection into dust and killing the value lol...

EDIT: Wow, there is a ton of value in that set.

I think you overestimate the appeal of a Baldur's Gate set. Commanders is going to sell regardless.

I will say, looking at the preview of Double Masters, they are really printing my collection into dust and killing the value lol...

EDIT: Wow, there is a ton of value in that set.

One wave and a low amount printed, I think your collection's value will likely bounce back in a few years at most.

As for CLB, your right about it being a commander set being enough among enfrancised players, but the BG parts value comes into play when it comes to drawing BG/FR fans to MtG.

Remove ads