My armour hinders my recovery from... Lycanthropy??

Ahglock

First Post
Yeah, I can see it. Armor isn't exactly the best sort of thing to be fighting off magical diseases in. It seems a lot more of a 'This probably is using up energy you could be using to not get sick' thing.

yeah, i actually don't have a problem with this. Its kind of like if I have a cold, I don't usually go the the gym to lift weights. I'd rather spend my energy on getting well, not getting bigger muscles. Is the armor check penalty a perfect fit for disease resistance, well no but it isn't a stretch for me either.

Bayuer

First Post
The penalty apply when you were using a amror/shield in that day. When you lay in bed for all the day then this penalty shouldn't bother you. But if you were in armor for some time that's make you body little weak so the penalty applies. Thats how I manage this. I hope it helps.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Yeah there is a lot of that. Cover gives my a bonus to my will save! I got over it by ignoring the implications, we are just not getting to deep in our game at the moment...

This one can actually be explained really easily. if you have cover, perhaps part of your view is being obstructed with the person trying to get in your head. Eye contact, that kind of thing. I know it doesn't make sense in all scenarios though.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Well, from a strictly common sense standpoint, I think you could convince most DMs to ignore the penalty for diseases.

That said, it probably would never come into play anyways. Realistically, your character shouldn't be wearing his armor all the time, particularly during an extended rest (which is when he's probably sleeping), and so when you make your check at the end of that extended rest, you're not wearing your armor.
Personally, the fact that there's no penalty whatsoever (unless you count the Endurance armor check penalty) to wearing your armor during an extended rest leads me to believe that it's almost expected that you will be armored during an extended rest. If you're hunkered down in a dungeon or in the wilderness for the night, with nasties all around, would you strip down to your nightgown? I'd just wear my armor, to heck with the kink in my neck ;) That said, that could be the reason for the armor check penalty to Endurance for disease, as others have said.

Pierson_Lowgal

First Post
I guess I'm the first, but I take the opposite view.

Regardless of youtube videos, wearing 80 lbs of gear is tiring. A tired person's system is less able to fight off invasive forces, like disease, than an untired person. The penalty to endurance affecting disease saves makes sense.

Moon-Lancer

First Post
I guess I'm the first, but I take the opposite view.

Regardless of youtube videos, wearing 80 lbs of gear is tiring. A tired person's system is less able to fight off invasive forces, like disease, than an untired person. The penalty to endurance affecting disease saves makes sense.

Its really how its made. Theirs Jousting quality armor today that's only 30 pounds (that's everything and safe enough to joust in). Some armor is 80, but that's really a high number i think. Most armor is not that heavy. granted i don't think one could do tumbles in full plate. The videos I have seen people dont ware a full suit.

Gort

Explorer
Its really how its made. Theirs Jousting quality armor today that's only 30 pounds (that's everything and safe enough to joust in). Some armor is 80, but that's really a high number i think. Most armor is not that heavy. granted i don't think one could do tumbles in full plate. The videos I have seen people dont ware a full suit.

Well, his figure of 80 pounds didn't just mean armour. He also meant that 100 foot of rope, tent, fifty scrolls and a dozen potions, as well as the golfbag of weapons your average adventurer carries around.

ArmoredSaint

First Post
granted i don't think one could do tumbles in full plate. The videos I have seen people dont ware a full suit.
The only piece of the suit I'm missing in that video is the helmet. I don't think it would decrease my ability to do pushups, cartwheels, and light tumbling in the suit. If you like, I'll try to find time to make another video of me tumbling in full armour, including the helmet, just to satisfy your curiosity.

Doctor Proctor

First Post
Well, his figure of 80 pounds didn't just mean armour. He also meant that 100 foot of rope, tent, fifty scrolls and a dozen potions, as well as the golfbag of weapons your average adventurer carries around.

Regardless of that, most of that stuff won't be on you while sleeping. So yeah, it might be a drain during the day when you're lugging it around, but you're not sleeping with your pack on your back.

In fact, I imagine that most adventurer's would probably sleep with their pack and various other items on the floor, and with only their helmet, shield and main weapon within easy reach in case something comes along. This way, you cut the weight of what you're wearing in half, and still have access to vital equipment.

The only piece of the suit I'm missing in that video is the helmet. I don't think it would decrease my ability to do pushups, cartwheels, and light tumbling in the suit. If you like, I'll try to find time to make another video of me tumbling in full armour, including the helmet, just to satisfy your curiosity.

I'd actually be much more interested in hearing about how it feels to take a short nap in the armor...or even sleep in it all night if you want to take it that far. However, I think just trying to catch 40 winks in it for a bit would be a good gauge, since usually if you can at least get to sleep in the beginning, you can sleep through the night.

Remove ads