Mystaran Adventures (Closed)

Jemal

Adventurer
The Master Dwarven Smith speaks Green

I need a couple things, though.. A good dwarven name (I'm thinking, i'm thinking!!!)
and a question for the DM:
Could I be in the city for another reason? Instead of being hired as a guard (Though he'd likely do a good job at it), could he have been hired as a smith/apprentice smith? Also, would it be allright (If we go the smith route) to, instead of 50GP/50Xp make his Axe Masterwork? (It would cost me 100GP in materials to craft it myself, and If I were working at a smithy with 1 person Aiding Another, could take 10 on the DC 20 check.)
IE In exhchange for his help, the other smith(s?) helped him forge his masterfully crafted axe.

(If the MW is too much, I can pay some of the material cost for it...)
I could have started as a guard, then become a smith and know the other's through repairing their weapons/armour, and from that first journey.
Just a thought.

ethandrew

First Post
Jemal said:
A good dwarven name

I always try to coordinate names with a specific region, sometimes I'll do latin, others Irish or English, just really depends. For dwarfs though, I always liked Gaelic names.

Also, do you think there might be conflicting speech if you're Green and I am Yellow Green? I don't think it's too bad, so I'm totally game if everyone else is okay.

Jemal

Adventurer
I've never really payed attention to what color different people speak in anyways, unless it's hard to read, so it doesn't bother me.

ethandrew

First Post
Jemal said:
I've never really payed attention to what color different people speak in anyways, unless it's hard to read, so it doesn't bother me.

Good deal! I don't know if that site was what you were looking for, but you can look up any name really broken up by nationalities.

Rolzup

First Post
ethandrew said:
I always try to coordinate names with a specific region, sometimes I'll do latin, others Irish or English, just really depends. For dwarfs though, I always liked Gaelic names.

Also, do you think there might be conflicting speech if you're Green and I am Yellow Green? I don't think it's too bad, so I'm totally game if everyone else is okay.

I wouldn't worry -- I'm partially color blind, but I can still tell the difference. Mind you, I use the grey background, not the black.

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Jemal said:
The Master Dwarven Smith speaks Green

I need a couple things, though.. A good dwarven name (I'm thinking, i'm thinking!!!)
and a question for the DM:
Could I be in the city for another reason? Instead of being hired as a guard (Though he'd likely do a good job at it), could he have been hired as a smith/apprentice smith? Also, would it be allright (If we go the smith route) to, instead of 50GP/50Xp make his Axe Masterwork? (It would cost me 100GP in materials to craft it myself, and If I were working at a smithy with 1 person Aiding Another, could take 10 on the DC 20 check.)
IE In exhchange for his help, the other smith(s?) helped him forge his masterfully crafted axe.

(If the MW is too much, I can pay some of the material cost for it...)
I could have started as a guard, then become a smith and know the other's through repairing their weapons/armour, and from that first journey.
Just a thought.
How about your master sent you to look after the shipment of armour and weapons that was on a caravan bound for verge, and that is where you met up with the others, who were hired to protect the caravan from bandits.

Also I'm in the process of moving from one building to another, so I probably won't be able to start the IC thread until Monday (it's currently Friday for me). Also you should all know that I generally don't post much at all over the weekends, as I'm too busy spending time with the wife and kids :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases